Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: At Gander Mountain buying a lure. Wife- what lure do you catch most your fish on? Me- fire tiger depth raider. Wife- Why the hell would you buy this lure??? Me- uuuuhhhhhhh
- (Added by: Muskie4Life)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Best air brush

Message Subject: Best air brush
ToddC
Posted 3/2/2007 2:25 PM (#242475)
Subject: Best air brush

What is the best airbrush to buy for painting baits without getting into too much money? Looking for a quality brush but don't want to spend $200 if I can get a quality one for $80 or so. Thanks in advance for your replies.
woodieb8
Posted 3/2/2007 2:49 PM (#242482 - in reply to #242475)
Subject: Re: Best air brush

try paasche h pattern brush kit. very affordable. easy to get parts when or if needed.
Musky Snax
Posted 3/2/2007 5:31 PM (#242511 - in reply to #242475)

Without a doubt, the best airbrush out there for quality and useable features is the Iwata Hi-Line HP-CH. I picked on up recently from spraykings.com for $189 and it is pure quality! I make use of a special little valve near the front of the airbrush which allows you to finely tune your air pressure to get up close and personal with what you are painting without blasting the paint into those annoying "spider legs". Besides having that valve, it also features an adjustable trigger which lets you set it to only pull back the exact amout you want so you don't accidentally apply too much paint. It also features anice sized reservoir and it can spray extremely fine lines when needed. I also own their top of the line custom Micron and this airbrush, while not as smooth is an incredible tool. I'd give it 10 thumbs up if you are serious about painting.
Beaver
Posted 3/2/2007 6:00 PM (#242512 - in reply to #242475)
Subject: RE: Best air brush

Snax, what is the exact number and model of that brush. That sounds like exactly what I will be looking for when I'm back on my feet. $189!!! Money well spent for quality and features like that.
Beav
Musky Snax
Posted 3/2/2007 6:26 PM (#242515 - in reply to #242475)

http://www.spraykings.com/products.php?category=116

This link will take you there. It is the top photo, the Hi-Line-HP-CH. Great choice my friend.
Posted 3/2/2007 11:49 PM (#242564 - in reply to #242475)

Snax are you saying the hi-line is smoother than the micron? not sure if I understand you correctly.
RiverMan
Posted 3/3/2007 1:45 AM (#242569 - in reply to #242475)

I'm currently using a Peak X-5 which I paid about 60 dollars for and am very happy with it. I had an Iwata Elicpse before this brush and really liked it too.......both are very nice brushes.

RM
Jio
Posted 3/3/2007 2:44 AM (#242572 - in reply to #242475)

I love my Iwata HP-BCS.
http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/airbrush/eclipse/hpbcs_info.jsp
Musky Snax
Posted 3/3/2007 8:20 AM (#242587 - in reply to #242564)

Guest - 3/3/2007 12:49 AM

Snax are you saying the hi-line is smoother than the micron? not sure if I understand you correctly.

Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to say that the Micron is smoother but that the Hi-Line is an awesome tool. The Micron also has a very precise spray pattern and a smoother feeling trigger action but you pay for that priveledge.

The MAC valves (micro air control) on both those brushes has literaly changed the way I paint. Being able to dial in exactly the right air pressure for any given type of paint I'm using is a Godsend. The difference in the control of your paint flow is mind blowing. An example is when I do paint my own custom eyes. I can get the paint to come out just enough to spray and not blow a bare spot right in the middle of the plastic eye.

Posted 3/3/2007 8:39 AM (#242591 - in reply to #242475)

Thanks for the response Snax. When I turn my pressure down on my brush I get a grainy spray pattern. Just not atomizing the paint into fine particles for that nice smooth look. When I turn up the pressure I get terrible overspray. Sounds like the micron takes care of both of these problems by having the pressure adjustment at the tip. Sounds like money well spent.
Musky Snax
Posted 3/3/2007 9:09 AM (#242598 - in reply to #242475)

I want to add that if you reduce your air pressure, thinning your paint will make it atomize easier resulting in better spraying. I only generally do this if I am spraying opaques at low pressure. With transparent colors it's not usually a problem.

The Hi-Line and the Microns both have the MAC valve. I chose my particular models because of the size of the paint reservoirs. They make them with smaller cups also.
I'm glad to share my experience with these brushes.

Edited by Musky Snax 3/3/2007 9:12 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)