Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Antique/old bucktails circa 1961

Message Subject: Antique/old bucktails circa 1961
ESOX Maniac
Posted 9/3/2006 7:03 AM (#207690)
Subject: Antique/old bucktails circa 1961

I know a guy who has a couple of old buck tails for sale. 1. Billy Finn silver w/red back on the blade & black hair (still in the box). The other is a Plueger Muskill w/Copper blade whith a kind of opaque coating with ~12 copper spots showing through and brown hair tail with a couple of white feathers. Blade is imprinted on the front with Plueger Muskill(all brass wire, heavy duty construction) Both circa 1961. Both bought on Aug 24th 1961 in Hayward (the day his wife died in a car accident in Milwaukee-That's why they are new condition).

Any idea what these are worth?

Thanks,
Al

Edited by ESOX Maniac 9/3/2006 9:54 AM
ESOX Maniac
Posted 9/3/2006 10:03 AM (#207695 - in reply to #207690)
Subject: RE: Antique/old bucktails circa 1961

Ok- now I actually own them. I really like the Plueger. Nice heavy blade, but it isn't attached with a clevis. The blade has hand soldered loop around the shaft. I'll post photo's later. Gotta go freeze some sweet corn right now (Yummy- Sweetie 82).

Have fun!
Al
Grunt Lures
Posted 9/4/2006 7:57 AM (#207760 - in reply to #207690)
Subject: RE: Antique/old bucktails circa 1961

ESOX Maniac,

One easy way to find out that will only cost you a few bucks is to throw it on eBay with a reserve price at $1000(?). Give it 7 days and see what the auction goes up to. I have heard many will do this to determine what the "Street" price of old bait are to see if they want to sell it. If the bid goes up to a price you like you can always sell it to the highest bidder.

Just a thought,
James
http://www.gruntmuskielures.com

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)