Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Two tackle boxes stolen

Message Subject: Two tackle boxes stolen
Billsmuskyadventures
Posted 8/28/2006 12:18 PM (#206906)
Subject: Two tackle boxes stolen

Need some help here, I was up on North Twin this weekend fishing the Great Escape tournament and two tackle boxes were taken from the back of my truck. If anyone hears anything please get in contact with me, one box was a Plano full with all bucktails the other a Large green Flambeau full with all top water baits. Not a good weekend plus we lost two quality fish.

Thank for your help
Bill Vierkandt
262-966-2179
[email protected]
Pointerpride102
Posted 8/28/2006 12:24 PM (#206907 - in reply to #206906)
Subject: RE: Two tackle boxes stolen

Man that sucks! Hope someone can find them for you!

Mike
MuskyJay
Posted 8/28/2006 12:26 PM (#206909 - in reply to #206906)

You here this stuff more and more. Nowadays your stuff is not safe unless you can see it. Hopefully you find your stuff. Otherwise watch ebay, imagine how much stolen stuff is sold on there.
BALDY
Posted 8/28/2006 12:37 PM (#206910 - in reply to #206909)

Lock your stuff up. It's just too easy for guys to grab a tackle box. When dirtbags see the nice boats they figure whatever is in the boxes must be worth something too. Dont make it easy. The days of being able to trust your stuff out in the open are long over.

Hope you get your stuff back. Watch Ebay and local pawn shops.
Posted 8/28/2006 2:12 PM (#206924 - in reply to #206906)

I can't help with the boxes you lost but I can offer an idea about how to avoid it in the future. If you have any dry storage in your boat you should consider converting it into tackle storage. It doesn't have to be fancy or rlaborate, just a lot less mobile than those Lakewoods that are so easy to grab. One of my storage compatments has the guts of 2.5 Flambeau boxes in it for hair and top water. My other box is full of 3700 Planos that are for crankbaits. Its certainly not theft proof but the idea is to deter and it does do that well, out of sight, out of mind.
Don Pfeiffer
Posted 8/28/2006 11:39 PM (#207026 - in reply to #206906)

never got any of mine back> Insurance never paid up either. As I fish tournaments for money they claim I was a professional and should have insured as a business. Even argueed they knew as I had my guide insurance with them.

It sucks to have stuff stolen and I had alot more then two tackleboxes. Hope your in. covers you.

Pfeiff

JohnMD
Posted 8/29/2006 7:42 AM (#207042 - in reply to #206906)

That bites, I hope they never catch another fish

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)