Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Big Thanks to Muskihntr.

Message Subject: Big Thanks to Muskihntr.
MuskyHopeful
Posted 8/17/2006 3:52 PM (#205456)
Subject: Big Thanks to Muskihntr.

I want to thank Muskihntr. Ordered some leaders on Monday, they arrived today. When the XX's come from Baldy, I'm going to strap 'em on these leaders, and throw 'em all over Eagle Lake. I expect I'll come home with forearms somewhat larger than Popeye's.

I'm strong to the finish, 'cause I throw big bucktails, I'm Kevin the musky man. Toot, Toot.

Thanks a lot, John.

Kevin

See you soon, Eagle Lake .
Mikes Extreme
Posted 8/17/2006 5:29 PM (#205466 - in reply to #205456)
Subject: RE: Big Thanks to Muskihntr.

Boy, we are talking some good smack now...............

Wait till you toss those larger bucktails for some time and then do it again for the next 5 days. LOL

You will feel like Olive the skinny chicken armed girl popeye was doing.

I had great luck with the Double XX baits. Actually I tossed them for 5 days and about 6 hours each day. They will take a toll on your arms.

Flouro leaders, Double XX, kick a$$ rods, good company, great attitude and a great lake. Your going to have the best fishing trip you ever had.

You deserve it pal, stick a pig..............
muskihntr
Posted 8/17/2006 5:45 PM (#205467 - in reply to #205456)

kevin if you really want to thank me tell cal or mikie to get ya on one of those super tankers!!!and be sure to send me a nice photo!! seriously good luck, glad i was able to help ya out before ya head up on short notice!!! go gettum!!
esoxlazer
Posted 8/18/2006 1:46 AM (#205510 - in reply to #205456)

Kevin, you may come back with forearms the size of Popeyes, but you are gonna hit your bed for the next week when you get home...hopefully re-playing the scene of your 50 hittin the bag as you dream. One thing is for sure, nothing can compare to hitting the water for 15+ hours a day for a full 6 days. I come back over the border feeling battle weary but I wouldn't give it up for anything. There is a special feeling as you hit waters with the legend and lore of Eagle/LOTW/Wabigoon etc. You honestly feel that every cast could land you the fish of a lifetime....and thats true....thats what keeps us all going back. Its a whole new ballgame and I cant wait to hear what goes down while you are up there. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Sponge
Posted 8/18/2006 5:25 AM (#205516 - in reply to #205456)

Edited by Sponge 8/23/2006 9:13 AM
Donnie3737
Posted 8/18/2006 6:00 AM (#205519 - in reply to #205456)

After 3 weeks of use in Canada, between July 20th-August 12th, the leader john is making is 2nd to none. His tie is "perfect." I locked up with a couple of heavies, and even had a BIG fish that swallowed a BIG Joe, and the leader wasn't even nicked. Without a doubt a first class leader. I think he sells them a tad cheaper than he should be....but then again, who's in this sport for the money??

Two weeks DUDE!!! Look forward to seeing you and Sled Bette!!

Donnie
MuskyHopeful
Posted 8/18/2006 6:50 AM (#205525 - in reply to #205456)

Thanks guys. I guess I'm a little pre-excited, and that in turn is getting others pre-excited. I actually don't leave until next Thursday. We are fortunate that this is allowing for two extra days on the water. I have to wait for those XX's, which are coming next week, as well as spend some money on gear for my California buddies.

Sponge, as always, good advice. I'll try not to over tax my less than formidable physique.

Donny, I think you told me you're arriving on 8/27? Maybe this rookie will have a story to tell you by then. Nice article by the way.

Kevin

T-Minus six days.
C.Painter
Posted 8/18/2006 7:54 AM (#205539 - in reply to #205456)

Hey Kevin...looking forward to seeing you up on Eagle!!!! Can't wait! Donnie....get the net ready dude! Love ya man!

Eagle heavies all around!

Cory
MuskyHopeful
Posted 8/18/2006 8:31 AM (#205549 - in reply to #205456)

Very cool, Corey. Sounds like 8/25-9/2 at AML is going to be a M1st hoedown (unofficial, of course). Me, you, Donny, Big Perc. Wow. I'm all shined up with a new haircut, and ready to do some courtin'. Can't imagine how the big girls will be able to resist the urge to dance.

Kevin

T-minus 6 days.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)