Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> finally broke the curse!!!!!

Message Subject: finally broke the curse!!!!!
archerynut36
Posted 7/2/2006 8:31 AM (#198977)
Subject: finally broke the curse!!!!!

its about time. after alot of lost fish and tons of misses i finally got one in the boat.. and she is my personal best
a webby 48. and thank you mark(rockinsv) for doing a awsome net job. and right after lettin her go mark nailed one also on a hoosior handmade 9inch topwater. way to go mark!!!!! anyway she had some propdamage on her at least thats what we thought it was from . and she swam away back to where she came.. i do hope that a wound one her like that would not kill here it did look kinda fresh and she was on the skinny side ... well just had to let every one know i got that DARN MONKEY OFF MY BACK.....bill

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(webby 48.JPG)

(webby 48 release.JPG)

(webby 48 propwound.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments webby 48.JPG (32KB - 81 downloads)
Attachments webby 48 release.JPG (17KB - 75 downloads)
Attachments webby 48 propwound.JPG (21KB - 75 downloads)
sweetyjo41801
Posted 7/2/2006 8:54 AM (#198978 - in reply to #198977)
Subject: RE: finally broke the curse!!!!!

I've just gotten into musky fishing, and i live her in Indiana and I'm gonna try webster later this fall,(I can't stand fishing on hot days).Anyway very nice SKI, hope you catch many more..Andy
ToddM
Posted 7/2/2006 9:55 AM (#198981 - in reply to #198977)

Bill, congrats on the fish! That does not look like prop damage to me as they would look more like slashes but I also notice the top dorsal is damaged too. The fish is definitley skinny with a very big head.
Rockin' SV
Posted 7/2/2006 10:13 AM (#198983 - in reply to #198977)

You not only killed that monkey on your back, you stomped on it. That was awesome, and all I can say was when I heard Bill say he got one I turned around and seen nothing but mouth coming out of the water. We knew by the size of that mouth it was a BIG one. Way to go man, that was a blast!!!!
archerynut36
Posted 7/2/2006 10:44 AM (#198984 - in reply to #198977)

thanx mark and todd believe me that back was tore up like a chainsaw had touched it..
and when mark and i sew that head jump out of the water we both were like OH MY GOD
AND HOLY @%## PLEASE DONT get off. and that head was huge....bill
guts
Posted 7/2/2006 12:40 PM (#198996 - in reply to #198977)

very nice fish congrats i need to get a fish tonight might be the night goin out to mille lacs
BenR
Posted 7/2/2006 12:55 PM (#198999 - in reply to #198977)

Nice fish, I caught one similar much smaller on Shebyville sometime ago. It had the same open wounds on its side, not the back. I was told by numerous people after I showed them the photo, that it was fatal and the fish would not survive. My fish was also very skinny. Those wounds if I recall were said to be caused by mishandling of the fish some time in the past and the open wounds were an infection. I would be curious to hear others way in as this goes back about 5-6 years and I cannot recall all the details, but those are the same type of wounds....nice fish..Ben
pgaschulz
Posted 7/2/2006 1:02 PM (#199001 - in reply to #198977)

Really nice fish bill way to go!

Pga
archerynut36
Posted 7/2/2006 1:16 PM (#199002 - in reply to #198977)

thanx guys im still on cloud 9...lol
well i know soon we will have hot water temps and its off to canada(eagle)cant wait... and i am still not sure about the fish it does bug me that the wounds looked so fresh but all along the center of the back it was rough and cut open and the corsal was pretty much gone and the tail fin was bad too on the top...so if anyone knows anything please let me know....bill
muskyboy
Posted 7/2/2006 2:08 PM (#199010 - in reply to #198977)

Congratulations Bill on your personal best, that is a nice fish and the head tells the story. The skinny body is prop damage, so hopefully in time she will bulk up to normal proportions again. Keep that horseshoe in your pocket for our Eagle trip

Steve
archerynut36
Posted 7/2/2006 6:39 PM (#199032 - in reply to #198977)

you bet steve. cant wait till then.. gosh i wish it was tomorow..lol see ya then man...bill
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)