Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Bass Pro HPR Gore-Tex Bibs and Jacket ?'s

Message Subject: Bass Pro HPR Gore-Tex Bibs and Jacket ?'s
MikeHulbert
Posted 5/11/2006 9:02 AM (#191338)
Subject: Bass Pro HPR Gore-Tex Bibs and Jacket ?'s

Do any of you know if these are insulated or are thin enought to wear during the summer months?

Need new rain gear for May-September, but want something light.
Posted 5/11/2006 9:05 AM (#191340 - in reply to #191338)
Subject: RE: Bass Pro HPR Gore-Tex Bibs and Jacket ?'s

Mine are not insulated - purchased last spring. I wear them through out the seasons and use my under layers to control heat. Make sure you get it sized so you can wear bulkier cold weather layers underneath.
MikeHulbert
Posted 5/11/2006 9:08 AM (#191342 - in reply to #191338)

Do you like them? How light weight are they?

I have good cold weather gear, just need something for the warmer months.
Posted 5/11/2006 10:49 AM (#191360 - in reply to #191338)

Yeah I like them a lot. I find they are breathable and yet help keep the sting of cold & wind and rain out. I don't know how to compare them to give you an idea of weight. The thing I like about them is that they are pliable enough and I don't crinkle when I move.

I really don't have any complaints about them. The legs unzip to knee height to allow easy on/off. The hood has a mouth/chin cover that helps keep you warm. The hip pockets on the pants have no pockets - they are just zippers to provide access to your pants pockets. The jacket pockets are mesh so anything wet you put in there can drain out.

I just thought of one complaint - on the jacket pockets, sometimes the sipper catches on the material - no biggie to correct.

Both the jacket and the pants have adjustable velcro cuffs so you can cinch down if you want / need to.

All zippers are reinforced as well.

Will it hold up to the use you'd put it through as a guide? I dunno - I'd think so but my time on the water is MUCH less than yours. I do wear it in inclement weather when not on the water.

Posted 5/11/2006 11:21 AM (#191368 - in reply to #191338)

I think they are to heavy for warmer months.I bought some rain gear for dicks called pac tech great lightweight rain gear.Bill
jmuskieking
Posted 5/11/2006 8:39 PM (#191551 - in reply to #191338)

Mike, you lookin for new raingear after that pounding rain last nite? We made it off the lake just in time.The gander guide series works real well and its on sale right now!
The Yeti
Posted 5/12/2006 12:29 AM (#191596 - in reply to #191338)

guide series, i love mine.
Got Esox?
Posted 5/12/2006 8:47 AM (#191638 - in reply to #191338)

The Guide Series are excellent. I have found in warmer weather conditions when rain approaches Frogg Toggs seem to work well. Very lightweight, definatly keep you dry. But when a big storm kicks up I prefer the heavier material, Gore Tex,etc.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)