Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> glide bait figure-8

Message Subject: glide bait figure-8
guts
Posted 5/2/2006 9:01 PM (#189987)
Subject: glide bait figure-8

I need to know how to figue-8 a glide bait do I keep the action going or just pull it through the water straight
The Yeti
Posted 5/2/2006 11:35 PM (#190009 - in reply to #189987)
Subject: RE: glide bait figure-8

i walk mine around the front of the boat a few times, since a lot of fish that i have raised on them seem to come in low and lazy, and some have actually come out from under the boat at them. a jerko and wabull will figure 8 pretty decently, but most flatbodied gliders tend to do things u dont want them to.

u can get some of them to go by ripping or actually jabbing down during the figure 8 while making your motions, if that makes any sense at all.

Fisherben
Posted 5/3/2006 12:59 AM (#190013 - in reply to #189987)

Keep the action going, if you pull a flatsided bait, like a magic maker,straight during the 8 the hooks will turn out and the fish can grab ahold of the top side of the bait where there are no hooks and you will be haunted for years about that.
guts
Posted 5/8/2006 7:44 PM (#190873 - in reply to #189987)

thanks im muskyless but this is the year
Toothy Critter
Posted 5/11/2006 8:34 AM (#191328 - in reply to #190873)

Rather a figure 8 try making a square with your rod tip in the water. As you change direction with your rod tip the bait will speed up then glide until you make another side of the square.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)