Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Camping in Lac Seul

Message Subject: Camping in Lac Seul
Sut'sgold
Posted 5/10/2006 11:35 AM (#191188)
Subject: Camping in Lac Seul

Has anyone ever camped on Lac Seul. Im not looking for an outfitter/ lodge, rather a nice island where I can have a shore meal, toss out a tent, and camp for the evening. If not Lac Seul, has anyone ever done this on any other lake in northwest ontario? If so where and was it on a quality fishery? Were just looking for a little variety in our trips this year.
Thanks
Hugo
Posted 5/10/2006 5:44 PM (#191256 - in reply to #191188)
Subject: RE: Camping in Lac Seul

I may be wrong but I don't think you can camp on Lac Seul. Can't remember what the Canadians call it but I think it's some sort of protected land. Gotta stay at an resort I believe.
dougj
Posted 5/10/2006 5:52 PM (#191258 - in reply to #191188)

Hugo is right!

Non-residents of Canada are not allowed to camp on "Crown Land" on Lac Seul (this is true on some parts of the LOTWs also). You must book through
an Ontario Resort. Some of them have camp sites available. Even where camping is legal on "Crown Land" there's usually a daily fee associated with it.

Doug Johnson
fishguide
Posted 5/10/2006 6:36 PM (#191263 - in reply to #191188)

if your a non-resident you can get a permit to camp on our crown land, but they make you stay 1/2 kilmeter away from the waters edge.the lodge owners had that law put in ,and most of them are from the US and have bought camps up here.if they had there way they would want every launch dug up to on "their lakes"to.anyways ,you can still get some decent camping that way.
Derrys
Posted 5/10/2006 8:23 PM (#191273 - in reply to #191188)

Two years ago I stayed at a very nice campground just out of Souix Lookout. I think it was to the East, and cost something like $17.00 American per day, and had a very nice shower facility. I bought my 7 Day Conservation License there too. I think it was about a twenty minute drive to the access from there, which was not bad at all. There were also plenty of hotels around there. Not sure how close you were looking to be, but it might give you some ideas. Good luck.
Sut'sgold
Posted 5/11/2006 11:11 AM (#191363 - in reply to #191188)

I believe because I am a property owner in canada and a tax payer that I am alloted the privelage of camping on crown land up to 20 days or so. Im only looking for a night. Just a day trip, followed by a nice quiet evening on a new lake on a nice island. Could be anywhere in the area. Just hoping someone might have a nice spot.
Thanks
muskiemook
Posted 5/11/2006 12:08 PM (#191386 - in reply to #191188)

cant help u out with specifics, but #*^@ do i love lac seul. i should be there twice this summer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)