Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "In a few hours this place will be crawling with humans" Larry Dahlberg-Hunt For Big Fish
- (Added by: Rudedog)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> painting blades

Message Subject: painting blades
mm12463
Posted 4/8/2006 10:13 AM (#186374)
Subject: painting blades

Quick question -
I like Lilly Tails alot. I have duplicates and triples of some colors but I want to paint the blades. What's the easiest method to paint them? I was thinking some spray paint and nailpolish. These blades are plain silver so I figuered I would make a black with a green blade and black with an orange blade. Then I have 2 with color and one with silver. Thanks.
ToddM
Posted 4/8/2006 5:14 PM (#186410 - in reply to #186374)
Subject: RE: painting blades

I paint blades all the time but never on the bucktail. make sure you tape it off good. I use krylon and rustoleum, it works fine. I also use a standard clearcoat of the same brands afterwards which helps with chipping.

Another thing you can try is a sticker. They come in all colors and you can get them from staminainc.com

Edited by ToddM 4/8/2006 5:15 PM
muskynightmare
Posted 4/9/2006 1:17 AM (#186470 - in reply to #186374)

Learn to re-build your tails, so that masking is never a fall back. I teach bucktail making clases for beer.
Muskiefool
Posted 4/9/2006 9:54 AM (#186491 - in reply to #186374)

Powder Coat paint is a good way too and also how the Lilly's are done I think? just heat it up and dip and done

Edited by Muskiefool 4/9/2006 9:54 AM
basscaster
Posted 4/19/2006 12:50 PM (#188022 - in reply to #186374)
Subject: : painting blades

I heard appliance paint is good for blades on spinnerbaits. I think it comes in a spray can. Colors are very limited. I just picked up a bottle of light blue sparkle nail polish for a buck. I tried this on a pearl rapala last night and it looks great(shad). It had(?) a strong smell though when it was wet, I probably try and clear coat it with something. I might even try it on my nails tonight (hehe).

Edited by basscaster 4/19/2006 12:52 PM
Brett Carroll
Posted 4/20/2006 10:03 PM (#188224 - in reply to #186374)

Muskynightmare, I noticed you were from Appleton which is pretty close to me. I'd be willing to part ways with some beer for some bucktail making classes! How bout it?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)