Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Big Thanks to Lax Taxidermy for Stoney Pt fish

Message Subject: Big Thanks to Lax Taxidermy for Stoney Pt fish
Commanche Jim
Posted 3/8/2006 1:01 PM (#181354)
Subject: Big Thanks to Lax Taxidermy for Stoney Pt fish

What a class outfit Lax is. We ordered a bunch of fish from them to put up in the new Stoney Point Grill. They drove them down to Mokena, IL so we could have them in time for our opening.........and they are ALL BEAUTFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been in a great mood ever since they came this morning. Many fish of different species will be on display, along with a couple of their plaques!!!!
Thank You so much!!!!!!!!!!!
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/8/2006 1:12 PM (#181355 - in reply to #181354)
Subject: RE: Big Thanks to Lax Taxidermy for Stoney Pt fish

Rick is a class guy that will be THE PLACE to order a repo.

After following his fathers footsteps Rick has taken it to the next level. New fins, better heads, better gills, etc.

Rick told me he has over 80 molds and still looking for more to better serve all of us.

He is always looking for better ways to be at the top of the compitition. He is the compitition !!!

Keep up the great work Rick.............
Bukes
Posted 3/8/2006 3:02 PM (#181372 - in reply to #181354)

Lets see some picutures of this joint... sounds cool, gonna have to head over for a bite to eat and some Budweisers.
Lowerider
Posted 3/8/2006 3:51 PM (#181384 - in reply to #181372)

Jim,

I'll be by soon to take a look at the new place. Stopped in before it was remodeling and enjoyd a bowl of chilli.

Niel
Commanche Jim
Posted 3/8/2006 4:24 PM (#181395 - in reply to #181384)

Trying to post some pics

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(stoney pt resize2.JPG)

(Stoney Pt2.JPG)

(Fireplace.JPG)

(bar.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments stoney pt resize2.JPG (187KB - 131 downloads)
Attachments Stoney Pt2.JPG (75KB - 138 downloads)
Attachments Fireplace.JPG (69KB - 139 downloads)
Attachments bar.JPG (126KB - 118 downloads)
Lungin
Posted 3/8/2006 5:15 PM (#181404 - in reply to #181354)

I ditto what Jim said about Rick Lax. What a great outfit. I called to ask if he had any mounts available for sale for Stoney Point, and I got an e-mail back with pictures of about a dozen to chose from. He took them, added driftwood to the ones' we wanted, added "prey" to the mounts and has one of his guys hand deliver them down to Chicago. What more could we ask for....and they look fantastic!!!

When we get them up on the wall, we'll take some more pictures!

Brad
sworrall
Posted 3/8/2006 5:21 PM (#181405 - in reply to #181404)

I just returned from Rick Lax's shop with my Goon reproduction. It's over the top of a photo of the fish on my mantle, and is perfect. Watch for some very ineresting developments in the very near future...

(DSC_0258.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC_0258.JPG (73KB - 173 downloads)
Running_Hot
Posted 3/8/2006 7:03 PM (#181441 - in reply to #181354)

CJ and LLungin-

The place looks great. When is the grand opening?

RH
Commanche Jim
Posted 3/8/2006 11:23 PM (#181473 - in reply to #181441)

Hopefully next Thursday, the 16th.
Just got home, and we picked all the locations for all the mounts we have...........ELEVEN!!!!!!!!!!
7 from Lax, 3 multiple fish mounts (3 sunnies on driftwood, 2 crappies and a walleye on another, 3 sunnies and a bluegill on another), a 52" Fence Lake fish caught in 1971 that was donated by a customer. The HAMMS BEER scrolling light, linies muskie clock, old Hamms Beer mirrors, nice framed prints, old muskie rods that we don't use anymore.......lot of nice northwoodsie stuff.
Lungin and I created this theme so you can go in there and remember the good old days: I'll remember the days as a kid in the northwoods. When I'm in there, I want to remember our parents and grandparents sitting at the bar of the resort playing video slots, the Hamms and Schmidt beer they drank, the kids singing "From the land of sky blue waters" while attempting to play pool, waking up in a pillow of sand because you had a sandfight the night before with all the kids at the resort, when Asia's "Heat of the Moment", the theme song to the smash TV hit "The Greatest American Hero", and Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler" were top 10 hits...............

I anticipate fishing and "the good ole days" conversations regularly.
MuskieMedic
Posted 3/9/2006 7:50 AM (#181494 - in reply to #181354)

Wow, the place looks awesome, sure to be a winner.
Bantam50
Posted 3/9/2006 9:23 AM (#181510 - in reply to #181494)

The place looks great!!! I'll definitely be cruising over from Lockport to check it out and hope to make it a regular stop on my own personal 'Leinie's Tournament Trail' which is just another reason to drink a couple here and there.

Bukes-Did you grow up in Oak Lawn? If so, OLCHS or Richards? My dad and bro still live there and I'm looking for a house now to move back.
Pete Stoltman
Posted 3/9/2006 11:11 AM (#181532 - in reply to #181354)

Wowser, that place looks pretty top shelf for Mokena. Good luck guys. Had to chuckle a bit at the post about memories of the "old days" in the northwoods. Heat of the Moment by Asia was when my kids were small. My early memories of trips to the northwoods was Perry Como and Nat King Cole playing on the radio of the old Plymouth station wagon. Grandpa taught me how to catch and clean perch. Going into town to see big muskies and walleye in the freezer outside tackle shops. I'm sure there are readers here who have much older memories than mine but it's nice to remember the days when a wooden rowboat WITH a motor was a top notch rig!
Ditto on your observations about Lax. Rick is a great guy and his craftmanship speaks for itself. I'll try to stop in your place if I get down that way sometime. Sounds like a great concept.
Bukes
Posted 3/9/2006 12:28 PM (#181550 - in reply to #181354)

Bantam... I am a transplant, been in the OL since '94 but my grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins have been around longer. I did my high school damage in Champaign.
Bantam50
Posted 3/9/2006 3:41 PM (#181587 - in reply to #181550)

10-4, Bukes. Always on the look-out for new fishing partners as all of my buddy's have the wife and kid thing going on these days and can't fish as much. In other words, their priorities are all screwed up!!

Growing up going up north every year the first thing I always did when I went into any supper-club/bar/resort was to check the 'brag board' to see what everyone was catching. Think it would be pretty cool to have one of those hanging up that all of the musky guys could add to as they come back from their trips.

Just a thought.
Commanche Jim
Posted 3/9/2006 4:45 PM (#181596 - in reply to #181587)

We are planning on doing the Wall Of Fame for everyone to put up their pictures.............just not sure where we're going to put it yet.

Going into Grand Rapids, and then years later into Walker as a kid and seeing the big fish in the coolers was always the first stop for the kids and dads while our moms were dropped off at the Super Value.
How about Grandpa putting in his old 9 hp outboard in the rear of the station wagon for me to lay on the whole trip up......
Posted 3/9/2006 5:34 PM (#181605 - in reply to #181354)

Jim......speaking of Grand Rapids, I remember "Fullers tackle shop" [later to be Rapids Tackle]and the BLUE BOOK fishing contest they started. The old BLUE BOOK is still going after all these years although it is a shadow of its' past. My first year there was 1959....still going and love it!
esox69
Posted 3/9/2006 7:21 PM (#181620 - in reply to #181354)

whats the addy to s.p.g.? gotta stop there sometime soon!!!
Commanche Jim
Posted 3/9/2006 10:29 PM (#181648 - in reply to #181620)

19031 Old LaGrange Rd. Mokena IL
191st and Rt 45....1st (N.E corner) intersection south of I-80.

Hey Brad, do I go out on a limb and say that anyone who comes in and says they heard about us from Muskie First gets a voucher to bet on a horse?

Edited by Commanche Jim 3/9/2006 10:59 PM
Jim Sr.
Posted 3/10/2006 1:51 PM (#181731 - in reply to #181648)

lookin good.
Lungin
Posted 3/10/2006 4:19 PM (#181744 - in reply to #181354)

That or an ice cold Honey Weiss!

Brad
Jeannie
Posted 3/12/2006 9:03 AM (#181891 - in reply to #181744)

I'll get the neighborhood girl there for girls night.
jim
Posted 3/18/2006 1:06 AM (#183042 - in reply to #181891)

Looks like we're opening to the public this Tuesday. Com Ed finally hooked us up and the board of health gave us the A O K..............Hope to see you all soon.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)