Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Garmin eTrex Legend

Message Subject: Garmin eTrex Legend
ubuck
Posted 3/27/2006 2:23 AM (#184359)
Subject: Garmin eTrex Legend

I have been shopping around for a handheld gps with mapping capabilities and the Garmin eTrex Legend caught my eye. The price is right, has maps for the areas I want and also has the backtrac function. No color though. Is that a big deal??

Any pro's or con's on this unit??

And what do you like dislike on the GPS you own??

Ubuck
3511richardb
Posted 3/27/2006 5:42 AM (#184362 - in reply to #184359)
Subject: RE: Garmin eTrex Legend

Ubuck, i own an Etrex legend and works fine for me.
no color is not a problem at all.wayponts you can add by 2 thumb movements on the small joystick. works about 15 hrs non-stop on two AA penlites.is waterresistant,

nothing negative about the legend,i have it 5 years now and still does the job.

goodluck Richard
muskynightmare
Posted 3/27/2006 6:44 AM (#184366 - in reply to #184359)

I have a Garmin GPSMap60, and I love it. The software is easy to use. I wish I had one with color though.
A-ROZ
Posted 3/30/2006 7:31 PM (#184957 - in reply to #184359)

I also have the eTrex Legend. Great unit, I use it a lot and it has never let me down. Easy one hand operation with that little joystick on the top as well. I don't really care about the color thing, but if i were to get a new unit i might consider one with color. Overall I think it is a good buy.
shane
Posted 3/30/2006 8:48 PM (#184977 - in reply to #184359)

i also have have the Etrex legend and it has been a great unit. One downside is the size of the screen. They newer models have larger screens and are easy on the eyes.
Fish and Whistle
Posted 4/2/2006 11:12 PM (#185445 - in reply to #184359)

I have the Legend C and LOVE the color. It makes it so much easier to read the maps. I had a harder time reading the grayscale maps on the B&W units. Absolute great handheld unit for the price. I researched it quite a bit before purchasing and Garmin seemed to really have it together with their handheld units. (yeah, Garmin guys... I'm not looking for a sponsorship or free maps or anything.......Ah! I tried this with the Heineken guys, It didn't work either) Seriously though, Garmin is quality stuff.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)