Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Anyone use "big bird" planer boards?

Message Subject: Anyone use "big bird" planer boards?
Muskie Treats
Posted 12/8/2005 4:36 PM (#168133)
Subject: Anyone use "big bird" planer boards?

I have a yellowbird and it's too small for some bigger baits. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with big bird planer boards. Pros/cons?
ESOX Maniac
Posted 12/8/2005 4:50 PM (#168136 - in reply to #168133)
Subject: RE: Anyone use "big bird" planer boards?

Treat's - If you're running the smaller "yellow birds" you may want to attach a couple of hooks to the "Bird".!

Treat's! OOooops! I forgot to tell you that a Zam run's perfect behind the small "yellow birds". What a presentation!!!!! +30" walleyes, +40" pike, ! Haaa, haaa, have pic's to prove it! But learned very valuable lesson from ReefHawg - Be careful what you reveal!

A very good friend had a +50" northern hit a yellow bird ( yes-in Canada) - After ~ 2 minutes, almost managed to net the fish, then it opened it's jaws and let go of the "bird".!

Have fun!

Al

Edited by ESOX Maniac 12/8/2005 5:00 PM
Capt bigfish
Posted 12/8/2005 7:29 PM (#168147 - in reply to #168136)

President Treats, I made a pair from plans from a Lake Erie walleye site, I modified (improved) mine of course. They are easy to make although mine do not collapse like yellow birds, but they sure do nest nice. No pun intended. We pulled supernaturals and plows and various other heavyweights with them on Crow lake this past season, flawless. Hey wait a minute, you don't troll! They must be for a friend huh? Duff
MNesox
Posted 12/8/2005 10:45 PM (#168188 - in reply to #168133)

The big birds work very well. Have used them in some pretty big waves pulling larger cranks, including 13" grandmas. They pull the baits to the side pretty well for an in-line. I have used the Church boards previously and the big birds work much better.
mm12463
Posted 12/8/2005 10:51 PM (#168189 - in reply to #168133)

Is Joe rubbing off on you Treats?? Are you turning FIB now? LOL

Edited by mm12463 12/8/2005 10:51 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)