Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Biggest Muskie you have EVER seen!!!

Message Subject: Biggest Muskie you have EVER seen!!!
MuskyKat
Posted 4/30/2005 9:15 AM (#145204 - in reply to #144997)
Subject: RE: Biggest Muskie you have EVER seen!!!

Eagle Lake, 1996... She hit my Grandma about 10 feet from the boat and was on for about 3 head shakes.. My partner and I estimated the fish was close to 60 inches and as deep and wide as a grocery bag turned sideways. Hardly a day goes by when I don't think about that day.

Steve
Steve Van Lieshout
Posted 4/30/2005 10:43 AM (#145207 - in reply to #144997)

I had "Shamoo the Killer Whale" come up on a Slammer rising at the boat at the end of a cast. It happened two nights in a row at the same time on the same bait. The muskie was coming vertically at the same speed as the crankbait was rising. She closed her mouth but didn't allow for the rise of the bait. In what seemed slow motion she gave me a full profile as she turned and slowly swam back down into the darkness of the 15' of water. It happened on Roughrock Lake on the Winnepig River system north of Minaki, Ont. The closest muskie that I have seen to "Shamoo" was a mount that was ("was" because the Holiday Bar burned to the ground last winter) in Holiday Bar on North Twin Lake. That fish was 54" & 48# 10 oz.!
I'll see that slow motion turn and tail swimming out of sight for the rest of my life!

Edited by Steve Van Lieshout 4/30/2005 10:44 AM
Commanche Jim
Posted 4/30/2005 11:19 AM (#145209 - in reply to #145207)

I had one up to the boat twice that was longer than the 55" tape on the inside of my boat. I was fishing with Runnin Hot, and after he saw the fish, he didn't say a word and just stood there with his hands at his sides for several minutes.
Hunter4
Posted 4/30/2005 7:04 PM (#145235 - in reply to #144997)

Hi,

The biggest fish I've ever seen was on Dryberry lake just outside of Sioux Narrows in Ontario. It was in 1995 and we were working some downed trees with the tips in about 12' of water. The water in that part of the lake is particularly clear and we could see all but the bottom 2' of water. While casting a Bagley 08 I watch this fish comes out of the timber and it was to say the least very, very , large. My best guess is somewhere between 53" to 55" but what got me is how broad this fish was. I've never seen a fish so wide it was almost freakish. I would never guess at the weight because it was that disproportioned. I've been fishing Dryberry for twelve season and have not seen anything quite that big. Until last September when fishing with the lodge owner and he had a very neutral follow from another truly gigantic fish. Much like the last fish it too seemed very disproportioned. One of these years I will get a chance at something of that proportion and when I do I'll let you know.

Thanks

Dave
EricP
Posted 5/1/2005 1:42 PM (#145287 - in reply to #144997)

Just caught a 46 incher and were raising ski's all along this shoreline in canada when a truely huge fish does a lazy follow on a bucktail. We were able to get it up several more times on a AC shiner 675 and a bulldog but no strike. This was on a clear lake and we got a good look at the fish several times over a couple of minutes. Best guess is at least a foot longer than the 46" we just dipped. Not the fatest fish I have ever seen but the longest by far. Always fish the same area when Am on this lake but never seen one like this again. This was 1999.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)