Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> cedar lake (akin)

Message Subject: cedar lake (akin)
huskersfb4
Posted 4/25/2005 12:33 PM (#144451)
Subject: cedar lake (akin)

has anyone fihsh cedar lake in akin county? my famley just bought a cabin on rabbit lake right by cedar and i was wondering if anyone has any tips about the lake.
Muskie Treats
Posted 4/25/2005 1:45 PM (#144473 - in reply to #144451)
Subject: RE: cedar lake (akin)

I fish it a little bit. It's the tale of 2 lakes. The lower is darker water, the upper is very clear. There's cisco in the upper and a lot of rough fish in the lower. I've done best with spinnerbaits and gliders. Look for the big weed flats on both the upper and lower lake as a starting point.

Serpant
Posted 4/25/2005 1:51 PM (#144474 - in reply to #144451)

Nice area, close to the Big Pond (Mille Lacs) also. Fished Cedar in Aitken County twice last year in early and mid June. Water was cold on the main lake so hit the bays. Mille Lacs was slow so we tried Cedar and raised three fish in a small bay, with one hooked and got off. I would like to try this lake when the water warms up. Some very nice structure and weed beds in the middle of no where or off of islands. Definately give it a shot. Fish we seen were in the 40" range. Heard of big ones there. The guy to ask about Cedar if you see him around is Duck Johnson.

Chris
bturg
Posted 4/25/2005 2:05 PM (#144478 - in reply to #144451)

Fished it just a little, very clear like many of the lakes in that area. My in laws have a cabin on a smaller lake nearby with similar characteristics and the bite on that lake is very much a low light thing so I would approach Cedar the same way, find some good looking stuff and hit it early and late. The ramp road in is about 1/2 mile of dirt so a cover on the boat is a good idea for the ride in.
Big_Daddy_EE
Posted 4/25/2005 2:15 PM (#144481 - in reply to #144451)

I've spent a fair amount of time on Cedar and really enjoy fishing the lake due to all of the fishable structure. The fish we've seen have all come from typical fish holding spots, including weed edges, sharp breaks and points....Cedar seems to have an endless number of these structures.

The best thing about this lake is that there is fishable water on even the windiest of days....great little hideaway when Mille Lacs is howling.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)