Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Beavers Castor Lure

Message Subject: Beavers Castor Lure
pgaschulz
Posted 4/13/2005 8:15 PM (#143050)
Subject: Beavers Castor Lure

Hey beav just wanted to say thanks for the lure can you tell it worked this 42 1/2 slammed your lure. Not bad for only using it for about 2 hours...

Pga
sworrall
Posted 4/14/2005 7:53 AM (#143079 - in reply to #143050)
Subject: RE: Beavers Castor Lure

Heck of a bait, that Castor. Nice fish!! Now if we can just get Beav healed up enough to fish with them too...
Beaver
Posted 4/14/2005 12:39 PM (#143127 - in reply to #143050)

Thanks man. Nice fish!
That's what they are supposed to do, catch fish.....and they do.
Glad you had success with it. Makes me feel good.
Steve, I'll be out there no matter what.
50 more to get painted so they are ready for the opener, and then I'll probably do another hundred during the summer.
Thanks PGA,
Beav
See, it's not just shameless self-promotion, they catch fish. It's not a magic lure by any means, but they catch fish.

Edited by Beaver 4/14/2005 3:30 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(42.5x25.JPG)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(45.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 42.5x25.JPG (32KB - 68 downloads)
Attachments 45.JPG (31KB - 71 downloads)
pgaschulz
Posted 4/14/2005 6:39 PM (#143186 - in reply to #143050)

Yes they do what a great color too...

pga
szqwral
Posted 4/14/2005 6:43 PM (#143188 - in reply to #143050)

Hey Beav gotta thank you for my personalized Castor, Steve's gonna show me how to throw it since I'm a topwater maniac, but am willing to learn. Will let you know what it turns up for me.

We are going to try for a third year as Rhinelander Musky League champs, and can use all the help I can get!

Greetings to Becky and Taylor...when you all coming for a visit?!? Szq
muskynightmare
Posted 4/14/2005 6:49 PM (#143189 - in reply to #143050)

NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING is better than catching a musky on a bait of your own design!
mikie
Posted 4/15/2005 6:36 AM (#143232 - in reply to #143050)

These are without a doubt some of the best gliders in the business, I'm so glad my hand is finally healed up enough to get to throw them this weekend. Come On Fish! m
Musky65
Posted 4/21/2005 3:05 PM (#143979 - in reply to #143050)

A chameleon and walleye just came in. Outstanding, they need to get wet. Now, if the %&*^%$# boat would just get delivered, they would.

Thanks Beav.

Ted
BALDY
Posted 4/21/2005 3:46 PM (#143983 - in reply to #143050)

Just bought a Carp and Something Fishy from him on Ebay. Cant wait to get those babies!
Beaver
Posted 4/21/2005 4:24 PM (#143992 - in reply to #143983)

Thanks to you guys.
I really enjoy making these things and since I lost my real job of 30 years, I'm actually thinking of starting a small business, getting a web site, getting back to making bucktails too, and all of this just from the guys on muskiefirst. The funny thing is that I really like to do what I'm doing. The weighting and balancing and prepping isn't that much fun, but once I'm sitting there with 100 primed blanks ready to go, I just go. I've had requests for certain colors or combos....MK, the "Deep Purple" ones are on the Envirotex-go-round right now. I've got 100 more blanks on the way and a $hitload of work ahead of me, but I'm glad that I got out a bunch before opener, and still have about 40 to sell, but then before I do the second batch I'm going to take some time to actually throw some myself....and not just at the boat landing.
I like what I make and I take pride in them and don't sell anything that I wouldn't use. I'm glad that the guys around here like what they see and what they get and I hope that you all catch some fish on them.
Then I'll see if I can't do it right next year and have a couple hundred ready for the show season....this is sounding like a job.
Thanks for your kind words and your support.
Thanks also to Sworrall for letting basementbaitmakers have their wares available to the guys who frequent this site.
Good luck to all.
Beav
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)