Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> GPS....Help!!!

Message Subject: GPS....Help!!!
Benfishin
Posted 3/3/2005 3:25 PM (#137488)
Subject: GPS....Help!!!

I'm looking into buying my first GPS unit. I want something waterproof, that floats, and that has enough memory I can download lake maps into it. Taking these into consideration I'm looking at the Magellan Meridian Marine.
I'm hoping some of you out there can offer some advice on this and/or other GPS units. What's good, easy to use, and not too expensive. I'm looking to spend between $200-300. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and good fishing to all.
GPS Man
Posted 3/3/2005 3:39 PM (#137491 - in reply to #137488)
Subject: RE: GPS....Help!!!

I'd recommend the Lowrance I Finder which accepts the navionics chip.Doesn't float but is waterproof.Chips are plug n play, no downloading.Stretch the budget a bit and you won't 2nd guess your decision in a year. GPS
Bukes
Posted 3/3/2005 5:29 PM (#137511 - in reply to #137488)

Ifinder H2O
btpf
Posted 3/3/2005 6:11 PM (#137522 - in reply to #137488)

Ben,

You know me and I have to tell you to get the Garmin Etrex Vista. If it's good enough for the Military it's good enough for
me and you.
http://www.garmin.com/products/etrexVista/

I have the burned map source CDs you can borrow also!! Its a 200 dollar value!

That magellan does look sweet though. Just make sure it holds a lot of waypoints so you
can mark down all the spots I nail a fish at. Just kidding. I have Phipps marked on mine so we
can make good time on the way out there this fall.

Later Ben

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)