Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Reel Repair/Maintenance

Message Subject: Reel Repair/Maintenance

Posted 7/7/2001 3:28 PM (#1999)
Subject: Reel Repair/Maintenance

Anyone know of good reel repair somewhere close to Wisconsin. Used to use Sportsman's Repair in Mosinee. Stopped on the way home from St. Germain on Thursday and he is now only open 1 day a week. Would like to send my stuff in before the Open in August.

Any suggestions??? I usually do the cleaning and oiling myself but I need at least 2 drags rebuilt.

Posted 7/7/2001 10:50 PM (#8441)

I have been using Louie Krueger for 20 years. He has a little "hole in the wall shop" in West Allis, WI.
This is a reel repair shop that has some baits, not a bait shop that changes fishing line.

Easterling''s Reel & Rod Repair
5700 W. National Av.
West Allis, WI 53214
414-259-3907

If you go in person plan some extra time, because Louie has fishing stories that can last for days!
Don''t look for a webpage, Louie says that he is allergic to computers!

Posted 7/8/2001 5:46 AM (#8442)

Thanks Steve.

Forgot all about them, have had rods repaired there before. Better yet, I'll be down to Oconomowoc for a wedding this weekend.

Posted 7/8/2001 8:46 AM (#8439)

I don't think that Easterling's is open on Sundays or Mondays.

Posted 7/9/2001 8:25 AM (#8438)

I quit going to Easterlings last year. I showed up and the screen door was locked and a voice from the inside yelling..."If you have reels, go away! I`m too busy!"
Oh yeah, I`ll be doing business with him again.
Send all my stuff to Bass Pro Shops reel repair place. Not bad turn around time and to my suprise, many things that I was charged for in the past are covered by warranty now.

Posted 7/9/2001 10:26 AM (#8440)

Theedz155, if you are in the Madison area, I have heard about a new place called 'John's Rod and Reel'. Seems like nice enough people when I gave them a call. I'll post the phone number tommorow.

Posted 7/11/2001 11:45 AM (#8443)

The number for John's Rod and Reel Repair is 608-245-8923. I took some reels there the other day to ready for LOTW, with Thursday being the day for pickup. Got a call last night saying that they were ready [:)] .
Esox1850
Posted 12/30/2004 11:23 AM (#129921 - in reply to #1999)
Subject: RE: Reel Repair/Maintenance

Anyone have a reliable repair/maintenance person in the Chicagoland area? I have done my own maint. in the past but a few of those times I ended up with extra parts laying around or haven't been able to put things back together. Would rather pay a few bucks to be sure the stuff is done right. Thanks.
ESOX Maniac
Posted 12/30/2004 2:40 PM (#129935 - in reply to #1999)

Scott- You might try ->

Bob's Rod & Reel
1949 Winnebago St.
Madison, WI 53704
608-249-9392

He's the Shimano Warranty Service Center for Wisconsin. I just spoke with him yesterday. I gotta get my Curado's ready for 2005. I'm sure he can probably take care of ABU's etc. He said it's been slow as a lot of guy's think he's no longer in business- He'll also have a booth at the Madison Fishing Expo.

Good luck
Al
waldo
Posted 12/30/2004 2:51 PM (#129937 - in reply to #129935)

ESOX Maniac - 12/30/2004 2:40 PM

Scott- You might try ->

Bob's Rod & Reel
1949 Winnebago St.
Madison, WI 53704
608-249-9392

He's the Shimano Warranty Service Center for Wisconsin. I just spoke with him yesterday. I gotta get my Curado's ready for 2005. I'm sure he can probably take care of ABU's etc. He said it's been slow as a lot of guy's think he's no longer in business- He'll also have a booth at the Madison Fishing Expo.

Good luck
Al

I've dealt with Bob before - it was a pretty mixed experience. I've heard other people have had good and bad experiences there as well. He lost my reels for four or five hours, and I had to come back twice before he finally found them.

They were ABUs, by the way.

Don't go there in the month before opening day - he's pretty busy then. Smart of you guys to get it done now.

-d
muskyboy
Posted 12/30/2004 3:04 PM (#129938 - in reply to #1999)

I live in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, and I take my reels to Ed Shirley Sports in Palatine. Their repair guy picks them up every Friday and it usually takes a week or two to get back. They do good work and if you every have a problem they will correct it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)