Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Huddleston swim /bait 0 rate of fall surface lure

Message Subject: Huddleston swim /bait 0 rate of fall surface lure
7Islands
Posted 12/31/2004 9:21 AM (#129989)
Subject: Huddleston swim /bait 0 rate of fall surface lure

Happy New Year... Ive been getting a lot of calls asking about Huddleston swim bait with the 0 ft/persec rate of fall and its use as a surface lure.These baits are 8" and incorporate a bladder in them much like that of an actual fish. Huddleston veries the bladder size and weighting of their swim baits to acheive different rates of fall from 0 to 1.6 ft per/sec. The faster rate of fall baits are used like other soft plastic swim baits and are more or less self explanatory and now in common usage in Muskie fishing;however the floater or 0 rate of fall soft plastic lure is virtually new to the sport. The Huddleston floater will float with just the very upper part of the back visible above the water and is applicable to a wide variety of retreives and has produced for me in 04 at speeds ranging from extremely slow to extremely fast.Twitching and working the bait in an erractic manner back to the boat produced some very violent strikes (and we all hate that ).Speed retreiving over submerged weeds also was a killer when the fish just preffered FAST. The addition of a bladder in these types of baits take them to the next generation of soft plastics and you will no doubt see it copied in competing plastics in the future.Check them out at Huddlestondeluxe.com.They are,however ,expensive. The faster r.o.f. bait produced a 531/2" 45lb (est) muskie for Mitch Wagner of Carlin Lake lodge in Presque Isle this fall. I have no connection with the company.I truly beleive soft plastics should be a major wepon in any muskie hunters arsenal and this company just took it to the next level.If you want more info give me a holler at 715 686 7155 to discuss the baits and 04 results and how to CORRECTLY fish swim baits.
sworrall
Posted 1/1/2005 9:34 AM (#130044 - in reply to #129989)
Subject: RE: Huddleston swim /bait 0 rate of fall surface lure

I'm very interested in this lure, Howie. I'll be calling you Monday anyway, so we can talk about the Huddleston then, too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)