Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Big Bucktail ??? Is it worth $5 extra

Message Subject: Big Bucktail ??? Is it worth $5 extra
Down to Earth
Posted 8/16/2004 10:57 AM (#115409)
Subject: Big Bucktail ??? Is it worth $5 extra

I'd like to pick up a couple of larger profile bucktails for a fall trip this year and have it narrowed down to either the Hirsch's Ghosttal II(Mag) or the GhostTail V. The II measures 11" and has a #7 fluted blade. The V measures 14" with a #8 blade. When it comes to cost the Mag is $5.20 cheaper than the V. Both are larger than your average bucktail and I'm leaning towards going with the II, because of the cost. Would I be gaining that much more by going to the larger of the 2 to justify spending the extra $5 per lure? Thanks.
Beaver
Posted 8/16/2004 11:59 AM (#115416 - in reply to #115409)
Subject: RE: Big Bucktail ??? Is it worth $5 extra

Bigger is better in the fall, that's for sure.
As far as the cost, take it from a guy who makes his own, the cost for materials and time
to produce a lure of that size....$5 is a bargain. Even if the guy doing the tying is making
minimum wage, $5 for time and material is nothing.
Tying bucktails is not a very profitable venture unless you make thousands of them.
Material prices are constantly going up, and your time is always worth more than what
people want to pay.
If you like the lure, the extra cash will prove to be worth it when a 50"er is taking you for a ride.
Beav
matt
Posted 8/16/2004 12:33 PM (#115422 - in reply to #115409)

The G-TRAIN (Goergian Bay Train) is by far the best GIANT bucktail ever built in my eyes. Rollies has them.

Eric Vondervellen and LungLocker lures are making them.

$37 and worth every penny.

matt
ERC
Tahoe
Posted 8/16/2004 2:02 PM (#115436 - in reply to #115409)

Down to Earth - Get the Ghosttail V - it is worth it for the fall! If you fish Tonka at allin the fall,sucker-nickel, sucker-brass, and black-flo orange have produced very well for me!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)