Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Wisconsin firearms law

Message Subject: Wisconsin firearms law
ghoti
Posted 7/30/2024 11:49 AM (#1030034)
Subject: Wisconsin firearms law

I found the rule change interesting. About 20 years ago I contacted my local warden about whether I could deer hunt in my boat while soaking suckers for muskie. He wasn't sure but said he'd check. Called me back and said no problem. Rifle had to be unloaded and cased while boat was under power (gas or electric). Sounds like a lot of people, myself included, never knew the law existed.
Ranger
Posted 7/30/2024 12:24 PM (#1030035 - in reply to #1030034)
Subject: Re: Wisconsin firearms law

Same in southern MI as I recall. We deer hunted the shorelines of small rivers from a canoe, not under any gas or electric power, drifting with a loaded shotgun was legal.

Also recall one very early fall morning musky fishing, watched two duck hunters set up a blind on a nearby sand bar. After a wave of Good Morning, I moved to the far side of the bay, 100 yards away, to give them room. Some geese flew over and they knocked one down but didn't kill it. Came out in their little boat, little outboard, to finish the job. Smart goose, every time they cut the motor and drifted to a stop for a shot the goose dove and popped up out of range. Over and over, they took some shots, but that #*^@ bird just wouldn't quit. Took them 30 minutes and I forget how many shots before they finally killed it. They motored over to me to apologize, but I didn't have any problems, it was fun to watch. They knew the law for sure, after cutting the motor they waited till the boat had come to a complete stop before taking a shot.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)