Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Recon Boat Review

Reply New post
Message Subject: Recon Boat Review
Jeff Hanson
Posted 6/9/2024 5:04 PM (#1029011)
Subject: Recon Boat Review

I bought a Recon 2085T its 20'6" with a 175 Mercury Pro XS
I picked up my boat in April. It's my first Recon. For the first time in over 20 years I did not have to take a new boat back to get anything fixed. Everything is perfect on it.
Ride is incredible, all my storage compartments are completely dry (and I have fished in tons of rain this spring) There is a ton of storage on this boat. Rod locker is incredible I can fit 21 musky rods in it and takes 9'6" rods. Boat has tons of floor space, and the front casting deck is huge and has a large back casting deck also.
Can fish 4 from this boat easy for musky. Trailer is very heavy duty and comes with steps. People at Recon were great to work with.
If your in the market for a new boat I would highly recommend looking at a Recon.
This is by far the nicest boat I have ever owned. I cannot say enough nice things about it.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Boat 3.jpg)

(boat 2.jpg)

(Boat 1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Boat 3.jpg (79KB - 13 downloads)
Attachments boat 2.jpg (43KB - 12 downloads)
Attachments Boat 1.jpg (85KB - 14 downloads)
VMS
Posted 6/9/2024 9:47 PM (#1029017 - in reply to #1029011)
Subject: Re: Recon Boat Review

Great Review Jeff!!

I don't have the $$ at this point to do any sort of upgrade, but when I do, I would be looking hard at a Recon boat as well. From the ones that I have seen in person, and hearing more and more positive input from those who own them, Recon is definitely worth looking into...that rod storage alone is awesome!! Keep us posted as you get more time in your rig! Will be good to hear more about how it is in rough waves, etc.

Enjoy!!

Steve
Brian Hoffies
Posted 6/10/2024 9:41 AM (#1029023 - in reply to #1029011)

They are interesting but far to hard to find any, at least in Minnesota. As the dealer network increases (if it does) maybe we will see more of them.

Jeff, how are you liking the electronics location?
North of 8
Posted 6/10/2024 10:35 AM (#1029027 - in reply to #1029023)

If I was younger and had more years to fish, I would look to replace my older 18' pro V tiller with a Recon tiller. Like that they are made in a small town in WI.
Like Brian, wondering how the starboard side location for electronics works for you. I am used to mine being on the port side.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 6/10/2024 3:48 PM (#1029033 - in reply to #1029027)

I have a Helix 12 on both sides of the boat. I use the port side one all the time, The Starboard side one I only use when I'm trolling.
I have fished about 35 days from the boat it has been awesome. Drives great in rough water.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
North of 8
Posted 6/10/2024 9:32 PM (#1029039 - in reply to #1029033)

Jeff Hanson - 6/10/2024 3:48 PM

I have a Helix 12 on both sides of the boat. I use the port side one all the time, The Starboard side one I only use when I'm trolling.
I have fished about 35 days from the boat it has been awesome. Drives great in rough water.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com

Thanks Jeff, did not see the port side unit when I looked.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 6/12/2024 8:37 AM (#1029069 - in reply to #1029011)

I must admit I didn't know Recon even made a 20' tiller. News travels slow to the West.
ILESOX
Posted 6/18/2024 10:09 PM (#1029189 - in reply to #1029011)

Jeff, Im pretty sure i saw you out on waubesa on fathers day trolling, that is a SHARP boat. I was def having boat envy watching you troll by!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)