Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Up North Trip (Longville, MN)

Message Subject: Up North Trip (Longville, MN)
BigAppetiteFishing
Posted 7/19/2022 6:13 PM (#1009934)
Subject: Up North Trip (Longville, MN)

Hello, southern Minnesota musky angler here. I booked an Airbnb for Longville, MN for the first week of September. my initial plan is to fish Lake Wabedo, I realize this is attached to Little Boy Lake. From what I have gathered this is a typically deeper fishing lake. Does this hold true for the first week of September as well? I wouldn't know as I have never been on this body of water. Could anyone point me in a direction to locate a few fish on this system? I guess if I had one golden question i wanted answered it would be how deep does the cabbage/weeds grow out to? Anything helps guys!

Thank you,

Tyler

Edited by BigAppetiteFishing 7/19/2022 6:19 PM
dickP
Posted 7/19/2022 7:39 PM (#1009939 - in reply to #1009934)
Subject: Re: Up North Trip (Longville, MN)

Haven’t been there for decades but don’t overlook the reeds on Little Boy in that time frame. My first 50 cane from them.
Tony S
Posted 7/20/2022 9:00 PM (#1009979 - in reply to #1009934)

The weeds go pretty deep as they are clear lakes. There is a 10' hump in the middle of Little Boy you should hit that a few times.
mlg
Posted 7/21/2022 10:06 AM (#1009990 - in reply to #1009934)

Fished Wabedo last summer, in the middle basin fish the weed line in the SE, fish the big break in the ssw, and the point on the north, also the s shore in the middle basin just past the small basin.
VMS
Posted 7/23/2022 8:19 PM (#1010030 - in reply to #1009934)

Hiya!!

Your timing could not be much better as the water will be cooling at that point, and fish should be up and active...more active than they are throughout the summer. Reeds are a solid bet as DickP stated. There is boat loads of structure on Little Boy and on Wabedo as well. And...the nice thing...at that time of year, school will be back in session, the summer influx will be over and fishing during the middle of the week will be very very quiet.

The weekend after labor day will get busier as the Muskies Inc Tournament for the are will take place, so I would expect wednesday afternoon, and Thursday you will likely get some more company...

Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)