Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Milwaukee Muskie Show !!!

Message Subject: Milwaukee Muskie Show !!!
Mikes Extreme
Posted 2/7/2004 12:11 PM (#96224)
Subject: Milwaukee Muskie Show !!!

I had the chance to get to the show as it opened on Friday. The hard to find lures were waiting for me like ducks on a pond.

I found a couple of lures that I never thought I would see again in the color that I was looking for.

The other hot baits I found was the OLD 7-inch Slammer twitch bait and the Wabull.

Bill Schwarts made a bunch of the old twitch baits up for us and had them at the show.

Steve Cady had a full selection of the Wabull's and they looked great in the tank. I had to pick up a few of them.

The WABULL is got to be one of the must have lures of 2004.

If you are questioning the action of the WABULL just ask Steve to show you how they work in the tank. I got to say I was impressed !!!
Mark H.
Posted 2/7/2004 5:13 PM (#96243 - in reply to #96224)
Subject: RE: Milwaukee Muskie Show !!!

OH...friggen sure.

I go to the walleye show in the cities and Bill has OLD 7's....

SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t
bassin
Posted 2/7/2004 6:50 PM (#96247 - in reply to #96243)

Any Tuffy boats at the show?
sworrall
Posted 2/7/2004 6:54 PM (#96248 - in reply to #96247)

There are 6 Tuffy models at the Muskie Expo and two in the Walleye Expo.
Jim Komar
Posted 2/8/2004 2:33 AM (#96269 - in reply to #96224)

must you check the time.......i must say after saturday night.....tuffy's wabulls slammers and such make for quite the evening......thank the man for a second day pass so i may spend before my leaving....
Jim Komar
Posted 2/8/2004 2:37 AM (#96270 - in reply to #96224)

my musky friends get what u want at the show cause you will not see it again...

ps Extreme One... stop by for a beer... and we need to hit the ice ASAP

Edited by Jim Komar 2/8/2004 2:39 AM

Posted 2/8/2004 10:42 AM (#96276 - in reply to #96224)

It was a great show, I too was there on Friday night and had a pretty decent selection to choose from. I ended up with a few Slammer Drop Bellys, a Walbull and a couple of very very cool painted Undertakers from Guides Choice.

The only dissapointment was that I could'nt find the Gray Ghost Hounder anywhere and big named stores like R&H's, Guides Choice and Pastikas never even heard of it.

Tom from the WMT was a great guy to talk to as was Mike Hulbert...overall, greta show.
LarryJones
Posted 2/8/2004 10:56 AM (#96278 - in reply to #96224)

While at the Milwaukee Muskie Expo be sure to stop by Guide Tanner Wildes Booth for International Guide Raffle Tickets!

Thanks,Capt. Larry

Steve Van Lieshout
Posted 2/8/2004 5:29 PM (#96296 - in reply to #96224)

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Slammer Booth. It is always a hoot to put a face with post names of the "goofs" that inhabit this website on a regular basis!
Great, not good, luck with all your new "toys"!
ToddM
Posted 2/8/2004 9:04 PM (#96325 - in reply to #96224)

I got a late start, had to buy a battery and was 3 hours later than I wanted to be. I bought 3 slammer deep divers and a smutley dog glider as I powered through the show.

Went for pizza and had a great time, then off to the swap. I sure did learn alot there. Thanks to shep or being a gracious host.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 2/8/2004 9:08 PM (#96327 - in reply to #96276)

Gander Mt Guide, Gray Ghost is now at smokeys Muskie shop. Stacy stocked Smokeys up last time I was in there.

Check out http://smokeysmuskieshop.com to see if they have what you need in stock.

I just checked the 2004 catalog and they are on page 14. They have the 5 1/2 and the 7-inch in 6 different colors. Very nice baits !!!

Posted 2/9/2004 8:06 AM (#96366 - in reply to #96327)

Thanks Mike, I'll have to wander down there to GANDER at them! I was hoping they'd have them at the show...nobody did.
tuffy1
Posted 2/9/2004 8:07 AM (#96367 - in reply to #96224)

I picked up my newly MRG repainted baits on Saturday. I now need some open water to test them in. Great job Mike!!!! Definitely check out his work. It is worth it.
I also picked up some slammer deep divers. Unfortunately, SVL was MIA when I was there, so I couldn't get him to sharpen one of the hooks on the treble.
I also picked up a couple of baits at the swap. Met alot of the guys from the board. Consumed a beer or two.
Netman
Posted 2/9/2004 8:20 AM (#96369 - in reply to #96224)

I would of like to gone to the show all 3 day's, could only make it on Sunday. Did anyone attend a seminar on Friday or Saturday? The Sunday afternoon show was more of a "see what I caught and you didn't". Though I must say that the film on the net job of the 50" hit home.
The tank was a great addition, seeing the baits at eye level narrows down what you need in your box.
The other part of the show is putting faces to the Webs nicknames. I stopped by Muskiefirst and Slammer was rattling off the Video across from the his booth word for word. Sweatshirt and T-shirts, Where are the Hats!

MikeHulbert
Posted 2/9/2004 8:34 AM (#96370 - in reply to #96224)

Gander Guy,

Thanks for the kind words!

Mike Hulbert
www.mikehulbert.com

Briguy48
Posted 2/9/2004 2:41 PM (#96433 - in reply to #96276)

i have 2 of the grey ghost baits... one is firetiger and one is black and brown and white if ur interested to trade i am
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)