|
|
Posts: 1734
Location: Brighton CO. | I found some business cards some of them very old. Lots from places at home (Colorado) I wish were still there. And some very cool ones from the Northwoods
Dick Leinenkugel then president of Leinenkugel's Beer, Guided By Art from Guide Art Anderson of Eagle River, The Wood Shed a store in Eagle River, Supreme Tackle Company a custom rod's by George Landley, and Pike Bay Resort Mr. and Mrs. Cass Novak. I've seen all kinds of classic places that are gone but not forgotten. |
|
| |
|

Location: Athens, Ohio | I have one of those Guided by Art cards and some sweet memories of the day. What a character! m
|
|
| |
|
Posts: 1734
Location: Brighton CO. | In 1994 we had the fall Muskies INC meeting here in Colorado and part of these meetings there's days fishing, I've seen Art working in Eagle Sports before that so when it came time to get fishing partners "give me the Eagle River Guy" Witch was Art we fished Quincy res. and Art had a hit on a lure we were trolling the only action anybody had that day. and in 1996 we were in Eagle River and I got to fish with Tom Stark and we fished the Eagle River Chain, a bad front went thru else we were going to do so up and fish Lac Vieux Desert at the time there was a 60" that had been seen in Rice Bay I asked Art about this fish and he got dead quiet. (he must of known of this fish) in 1999 on one of these fall meeting trips I caught my largest fish in Lake Minnetonka. |
|
| |
|

Location: Athens, Ohio | I don't quite recall how, but Art was a sponsor of our West virginia Muskies Inc chapter. He offered a guide trip as part of our awards banquet and I won the raffle. Me and Mauser went for the trip, as we were leaving the boat ramp he began to complain abt all the new development along the Three Lakes chain. An eagle flew over and Art exclaimed, "When the eagles are soaring the muskies are roaring!"
That fall I was on Ohio's Salt Fork lake and saw a muskie washed up on the bank that a bunch of buzzards were enjoying. I figured that - in ohio - when the buzzards are flyin the muskies are dyin. m |
|
| |