Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Has this ever happened with your boat stereo?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Has this ever happened with your boat stereo?
kdawg
Posted 7/27/2020 2:21 PM (#964732)
Subject: Has this ever happened with your boat stereo?

Nice week finally ahead for us in nw wisconsin, so I decided to take the boat cover off and just give it a once over. Kind of surprised but my batteries in the boat, starting and trolling motor were both dead. I used my boat last in mid-june so I figured to still have some power left. So I hooked up the charger and with-in about ten minutes I heard my boat stereo on. I never use the stereo at all so my only question here is what could of turned my stereo on to drain the battery? Also, is this possible? Can bad storms with high amounts of lightning actually turn the stereo on? There has been plenty of storms in the area recently. Kdawg
TCESOX
Posted 7/27/2020 4:52 PM (#964740 - in reply to #964732)
Subject: Re: Has this ever happened with your boat stereo?

Maybe the power button got inadvertently bumped on? I know if I don't turn off my master power switch, my battery will drain slowly over time, as the gas gauge is on all the time, unless I flip the master power switch off.
pklingen
Posted 7/27/2020 5:54 PM (#964744 - in reply to #964732)
Subject: Re: Has this ever happened with your boat stereo?

i have a kicker stereo in my lund and i thought i powered off my unit but only muted it. it works off the same button i just didn't hold it down long enough. at the same time i forgot to to turn the main power switch off. then when i got home and plugged in my on-board charger the radio started to play. so could this of happened to you? i do know that even with the main power switch off my factory installed auto bilge still has power and pumps water then shuts down when float goes down. i tested that at home with water from a hose.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)