Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Joe Fittante/ wife's first musky

Message Subject: Joe Fittante/ wife's first musky
pnkocher
Posted 1/4/2020 7:59 PM (#951969)
Subject: Joe Fittante/ wife's first musky

So I took my wife out sucker fishing to try to get her first musky, fall of 2018, her first time musky fishing. She popped a 50.5", which is 0.25" longer than my PB and I've been at it over 10 years:( She sees no reason to go musky fishing again now that she's in the fifty club, ha ha.

Anyway, it was a cool looking fish, with half of its upper jaw yellow. I wanted a replica of her special first musky, and decided to go with Joe Fittante given his legendary reputation. He did not disappoint! He also did a replica of the sucker, which I attached the actual home made sucker rig to.

I was able to go to his shop in Antigo and meet him when I picked it up, what a nice and genuine person he is. He did a great job matching the markings on this fish, a true artist. He also worked with me to have it available as a Christmas present surprise. I highly recommend Fittante for your special fish!

Pat

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(mandy muskie.jpg)

(mandy replica.jpg)

(full replica.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mandy muskie.jpg (83KB - 464 downloads)
Attachments mandy replica.jpg (57KB - 484 downloads)
Attachments full replica.jpg (86KB - 437 downloads)
jchiggins
Posted 1/4/2020 8:18 PM (#951970 - in reply to #951969)
Subject: Re: Joe Fittante/ wife's first musky

Unique and truly a replica!
Kirby Budrow
Posted 1/4/2020 9:42 PM (#951972 - in reply to #951970)

Nice one! My wife’s diet was a 47 on a sucker 4 years ago. She joined the 50 inch club casting this summer with a 50.5 as well. Still considering a replica.
pnkocher
Posted 1/5/2020 2:08 PM (#951992 - in reply to #951972)

Kirby Budrow - 1/4/2020 10:42 PM

Nice one! My wife’s diet was a 47 on a sucker 4 years ago. She joined the 50 inch club casting this summer with a 50.5 as well. Still considering a replica.

Great job being a successful guide for your wife, definitely creates lifelong memories and very satisfying I'm sure! My wife was shaking and even emotional after landing this musky, and it was the best fight I've ever seen - she fell over twice during the battle (I had the drag on lock down and forgot to loosen it a bit), the fish made a run for the trolling motor and then the big motor, it was insane. She asked me to take the rod once but I refused. It's my favorite fish so far, I had to get a replica. An added bonus is now she "gets it"... I don't get much grief anymore when I buy more musky lures or rods or take weekend trips, she understands!
CincySkeez
Posted 1/6/2020 7:42 AM (#952009 - in reply to #951969)

Awesome fish and replica. Maybe this is how I get the lady off my back
Kirby Budrow
Posted 1/6/2020 8:32 AM (#952013 - in reply to #951992)

pnkocher - 1/5/2020 2:08 PM

Kirby Budrow - 1/4/2020 10:42 PM

Great job being a successful guide for your wife, definitely creates lifelong memories and very satisfying I'm sure! My wife was shaking and even emotional after landing this musky, and it was the best fight I've ever seen - she fell over twice during the battle (I had the drag on lock down and forgot to loosen it a bit), the fish made a run for the trolling motor and then the big motor, it was insane. She asked me to take the rod once but I refused. It's my favorite fish so far, I had to get a replica. An added bonus is now she "gets it"... I don't get much grief anymore when I buy more musky lures or rods or take weekend trips, she understands!

It's funny you say that. I can't take the wife to the Musky Expo or she will blow all our money! They like pretty colors...

Mine has 14 total fish now I think. About half are from trolling and suckers and the other half casting. I like to have her pick out some baits and pick some spots to try. Or explore another lake that she hasn't seen. It just keeps her interested and enthusiastic. Last summer she caught 7 fish and started to really enjoy muskies. She had a 3 fish day casting even.
talmooner
Posted 1/6/2020 8:43 AM (#952014 - in reply to #951969)

Gorgeous fish (and replica) and great story.
Congratulations
vegas492
Posted 1/6/2020 9:16 AM (#952016 - in reply to #951969)

Gorgeous replica. Joe is the best!
twofishy4u
Posted 1/6/2020 9:12 PM (#952049 - in reply to #951969)

That is cool! He's doing mine. Takes about a year but worth it!!!!
Jeff Hanson
Posted 1/7/2020 4:37 PM (#952107 - in reply to #952049)

Cool fish and awesome replica. Good choice picking Joe. He does a great job and you couldn't ask for a nicer guy. I've used him many times.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
pnkocher
Posted 1/7/2020 8:46 PM (#952128 - in reply to #951969)

Thanks everyone for the comments, it’s great we can share each other’s success stories - mine are few and far between so I’ll take it! And so glad I went with Joe Fittante.
Kirby great ideas on keeping your wife engaged, it’s not my strength so I appreciate you sharing!

Slobasaurus
Posted 1/8/2020 5:56 AM (#952141 - in reply to #951969)

Great story and excellent work again by Joe. Thanks for sharing. Congrats to you and your wife.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)