Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Humminbird Helix Side Imaging with Outboard Motor Interference?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Humminbird Helix Side Imaging with Outboard Motor Interference?
Northern Falls
Posted 9/11/2019 1:46 PM (#946673)
Subject: Humminbird Helix Side Imaging with Outboard Motor Interference?

Looking for some quick help please.

About to install my Helix with Side Imaging. I have an aluminum Lund so it doesn't have the mounting area under the boat like the new fiberglass boats.

The humminbird instructions mention the motor might need to be up in order to get full left and right range for the side imaging. I have read high and low on these units in the last few years and finally got one, but i haven't heard anyone comment on this issue or mention it being some problem.

I'm curious as to peoeple's real experience with their boats. Obviously I wouludn't be scanning the side imaging at high speeds, but at idle speed or a few MPH when moving or searching for spots.

Just want to make sure I'll still be able to use side imaging and not lose this feature due to the outboard motor.

sworrall
Posted 9/11/2019 2:16 PM (#946675 - in reply to #946673)
Subject: Re: Humminbird Helix Side Imaging with Outboard Motor Interference?

If your engine has tilt/trim, you can get the lower unit out of the way easily under power at low speed.
25homes
Posted 9/11/2019 2:32 PM (#946676 - in reply to #946675)

I honestly think you will be fine. I have never had any issue at any speed with motor inter. You can get high speed transducer too to scan at faster speeds when searching for bait and spots!!
Kirby Budrow
Posted 9/11/2019 9:38 PM (#946690 - in reply to #946673)

I have to trip the motor up a little but not much. No big deal at all.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)