Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Seat Heights With Full Windshield

Reply New post
Message Subject: Seat Heights With Full Windshield
ram57
Posted 9/9/2019 12:53 AM (#946541)
Subject: Seat Heights With Full Windshield

Why do current boat manufactures place the seats so high that your head is over the windshield on deep v boats? My 2016 I sit so high I have to crouch in windy conditions Plus I am not that tall! Just curious as to why they do this??
Any Responses or opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Jerry Newman
Posted 9/9/2019 8:21 AM (#946549 - in reply to #946541)
Subject: RE: Seat Heights With Full Windshield

Another boat can come at you from almost any direction, so it's important to have a clear view with your head on a swivel... that's best reason I can think of anyway.

I actually like the option of being able to look over the windshield, especially when it's wet, darkā€¦ or both. Bugs can really be a problem when running at night, wearing a good pair of safety glasses is imperative.
kap
Posted 9/9/2019 3:51 PM (#946584 - in reply to #946541)
Subject: Re: Seat Heights With Full Windshield

sitting higher helps you see and read the water better as well, helpful especially in really rough water
muskidiem
Posted 9/9/2019 4:08 PM (#946585 - in reply to #946541)

Don't know the answer at all, but I have a boat that my eyes are at the top black outline of window, and my view is not good. I have to push up for a good view. Getting used to this boat and the new view takes some getting used to.
gregk9
Posted 9/9/2019 11:06 PM (#946603 - in reply to #946541)

I purposely bought a boat where when my seat is adjusted at the height I need it to be, my head is clearly over the windshield. Windshields get dirty fast between the dead bugs and spray. Don't like trying to see through a nasty windshield. If they ever start making them with wipers and fluid squirters like vehicles, then I might consider a higher windshield.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)