Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Andy Meyers Lodge ?'s

Message Subject: Andy Meyers Lodge ?'s
tbag
Posted 7/12/2018 2:09 PM (#912181)
Subject: Andy Meyers Lodge ?'s

My wife and I are going for a week mid august to AML . First time at the lodge and have a few questions for those of you who have been there done that.

Any hotel suggestion just passed the International Falls on the Canadian side

We have a fly-in and a 4wd safari booked - any suggestions or lessons learned as far as lakes to pick? And any overall thoughts on the experience good/bad.
Feel free to reply or pm

Thanks!
JZ2386
Posted 7/13/2018 8:12 AM (#912221 - in reply to #912181)
Subject: Re: Andy Meyers Lodge ?'s

Those guys are on top of their game. Just sit back and let them take care of you. They have an outstanding reputation for a reason. They know where the fish are and how to catch em. As for hotels, just find one that has an open room. A lot of them get booked early in advance.
Slamr
Posted 7/13/2018 9:13 AM (#912227 - in reply to #912181)
Subject: RE: Andy Meyers Lodge ?'s

tbag - 7/12/2018 2:09 PM

My wife and I are going for a week mid august to AML . First time at the lodge and have a few questions for those of you who have been there done that.

Any hotel suggestion just passed the International Falls on the Canadian side

We have a fly-in and a 4wd safari booked - any suggestions or lessons learned as far as lakes to pick? And any overall thoughts on the experience good/bad.
Feel free to reply or pm

Thanks!

My suggestion: stay at the Plas de Rendevous just over the border. Nice place and you can not have to do the border crossing at peak times.

I've been there a thousand times, but have never done the fly-ins: my suggestion is to call (not always easy to connect) Julian, tell him what you want out of the fly-in and let him set you up in the right way.

4 Wheel Drive: I've done it once. Totally fun when we fished Fluke Lake. Saw 40+ fish, caught some small ones. Not sure about other possibilities.

But since you're looking for more than just "chase a monster on Eagle" for your trip, I'd suggest checking out their boat caches on Stewart, Corner, etc. Get a medium sized lake to yourself. Lots of muskies, probably a few big ones in there.

OR, you can go to the Indian Chain or Canyon with less muss and fuss of the boat cashes and still fish fun action water. Canyon is a GREAT place to go if you get stuck with a big North or South wind on Eagle.
UglyPike
Posted 7/16/2018 8:21 AM (#912420 - in reply to #912181)

You are lucky. Ive been there each of the last 2 years and it is simply an amazing and special place with customer service better than any fishing destination Ive been. AML is fantastic. Catch a monster!
curleytail
Posted 7/17/2018 8:19 PM (#912570 - in reply to #912181)

Last year we stayed at the Rendezvous also. Good place to stay and just across the border.

Call NOW to book a place though. Everybody within 3 hours of the border is about booked solid for friday the 28th as of me calling within the last couple days.
DonPursch
Posted 7/17/2018 8:22 PM (#912573 - in reply to #912570)

There is also a Super 8 in the Fort
redskeet100
Posted 7/18/2018 8:15 AM (#912597 - in reply to #912181)

Super 8 in Fort Francis is a pretty decent hotel. Free breakfast before you get on the road too.
MuskyMidget
Posted 7/18/2018 7:59 PM (#912669 - in reply to #912181)

I stayed at the Rainbow Motel in Fort Frances a couple years ago. Surely nothing fancy, but it was cheap and clean.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)