Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Boat bags and tackle

Message Subject: Boat bags and tackle
Rwin4000
Posted 5/14/2018 7:33 PM (#906467)
Subject: Boat bags and tackle

Looking for some insight on tackle storage. My addiction to buying more lures has filled up my soft tackle boxes and Plano Big Game box. I’m fine with the storage but access when fishing gets to be a pain, especially when trying to find the right bait. I’ve been out with a few guys that have the 14” Plano stowaways in the boat but the only water resistant carrying bag I’ve seen that fits the 14” boxes is the yellow bass pro model. Anyone found a better solution or alternative? I like the idea of not stuffing the boxes in multiple tackle boxes or using the vertical storage box, especially on longer trips. The bass pro would work but figured I’d check with the experts.

Have a safe and successful season!

Bols23
Posted 5/14/2018 8:13 PM (#906470 - in reply to #906467)
Subject: Re: Boat bags and tackle

I'm far from an expert, but I'll chime in. I use the stowaways tucked into a boat bag. Works pretty well, and best of all, its cheap.
muskyhunter07
Posted 5/14/2018 8:16 PM (#906472 - in reply to #906467)

Plano deep 3700's. Just in-case, Lakewood tackle storage box's.. Lots of options or homemade milk crate style with downspout.
Ciscokid82
Posted 5/14/2018 9:05 PM (#906478 - in reply to #906467)

I store all my baits in Plano 3700 series, except for large rubber and bucktails, those go into vertical storage cases. I no longer bring everything I own with me when I fish. I keep a few extra 3700s empty and when I go I take what I think I’ll want to throw and put them into these cases. Usually two Plano’s is enough for me unless it’s new water or an extended trip. What lures I bring I base off of season and water clarity mostly. I’m hoping to buy a boat after this season, one that will fit all my 3700s in it, but until then this works for me. Plus if you can limit your choices your bait will be in the water way more!
PurpleBuck8
Posted 6/6/2018 7:57 AM (#909266 - in reply to #906467)
Subject: RE: Boat bags and tackle

I carry my 3700 Plano boxes in the Magnum Black w/ Orange Trim Soft-sided Tackle Bag by Fleet Farm ($60). I can get four 3700's and one 3750 to fit.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)