Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> 1995 Ranger 681T Update / Refurb

Reply New post
Message Subject: 1995 Ranger 681T Update / Refurb
GoalieDad30
Posted 6/9/2018 8:16 PM (#909545)
Subject: 1995 Ranger 681T Update / Refurb

Prior to our move to PA from MN two years ago I sold my Skeeter WX1850. Once we got here I realized that having a boat on the Chesapeake Bay just wasn't our thing. So started the search for an older tiller boat to use mostly for muskie fishing on LOTW along with exploring the growing muskie fishing in my area. The end result was purchasing a 1995 681T in the midwest. Bought it based on the pictures, and well let's just say they were probably old. But it has a newer 2003 Yamaha F60, the carpet was redone, and it fishes awesome. We picked it up and spent five days on LOTW walleye fishing and it has good mojo.

Got her home and have started on projects. The top cap is seriously crusty, but the good news is based on doing a small section with 3M Finesse It it will shine up nicely. First and foremost starting on the trailer. It has the lift system, so two winches both were nasty. I keep telling myself it's old and the goal is function not perfection. Good progress today on the front end of the trailer.
Nomadmusky
Posted 6/9/2018 8:30 PM (#909546 - in reply to #909545)
Subject: RE: 1995 Ranger 681T Update / Refurb

Good Luck with your refurb. The 681T is a great all around boat to fish out of.

Show us pictures of before, during and after and let us know if you have any questions.

Nomad
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)