Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Tuning lake x topwaters

Message Subject: Tuning lake x topwaters
phishmasta
Posted 9/24/2017 8:48 AM (#879076)
Subject: Tuning lake x topwaters

I have 2fb and 1 dr e and they have caught a bunch of fish. They have now lost their super loud plopping sound and I've messed around tweaking the propeller blade and the wire trying to get it back in tune, but can't seem to find that sweet plopping sound of a new fb. Any one got any tips or tricks on how to get them plopping like new again, or is it time for new baits???
Jeremy
Posted 9/24/2017 11:47 AM (#879096 - in reply to #879076)
Subject: RE: Tuning lake x topwaters

Could you talk to the maker and ask him to re-tune 'em? I think that should be a viable option.

Maybe also purchase another (cough, cough) "spare" as a "thank you" for his efforts. Give him a call. The guys who make our baits are seldom at a loss for words when you wanna talk muskies and baits...

I'd buy a couple of extra's but I'm a bit odd, I guess. *grins*
Snopro168
Posted 9/24/2017 1:07 PM (#879109 - in reply to #879076)
Subject: Re: Tuning lake x topwaters

I am having the same issue so I'm also interested in some tuning tips. For me, bending the prop slightly to the front helps but doesn't seem to last long. The biggest difference maker I have found has been to adjust my rod angle up or down until it sounds the way I like.
phishmasta
Posted 9/24/2017 3:39 PM (#879124 - in reply to #879076)

I didn't think they would retune baits, I guess I'll have to email them about it. Snopro I also have noticed that holding the rod tip up helps a little.
Musky_Mo16
Posted 9/24/2017 9:50 PM (#879172 - in reply to #879076)

Don't know anything about retuning them but mine (in nearly new condition) has the prop bent quite a bit forward. Defiantly more than a top raider. Maybe try bending it farther?
MuskyNate27
Posted 9/28/2017 7:09 AM (#879506 - in reply to #879076)

If you bend it farther away from the bait it will make a louder plop than if you bend it inward.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)