Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Why are all you coming here??

Message Subject: Why are all you coming here??
Musktothehuhhuh
Posted 8/28/2003 11:12 AM (#80063)
Subject: Why are all you coming here??

Why are all of you coming to Canada?, there are no muskies here!! We have pike, suckers, and carp. Thats all, especially in Georgian Bay. So stay on your lakes and actually catch fish, I will sit here and throw baits in my pool, I will have the best chances there:) Musk.
52isntbigenough
Posted 8/28/2003 12:43 PM (#80082 - in reply to #80063)
Subject: RE: whay are all you coming here??

Why do I love going to Canada?

1) There's nothing like paying $30.00 for a case of beer!
2) The strip searches at the boarder are mind-blowing
3) I love to see the natural beauty of the U.S.'s 51st state...Canada
4) They give away free autographed mug shots of Joe Bucher with each tour of the PrinceCraft plant.
Stan Durst
Posted 8/29/2003 2:57 AM (#80145 - in reply to #80063)

The strip searches are great ( lady cops know how to do it right).
I like to " pretend I am catching musky ( that way they can be as big as my dreams),
I can actualy "see" into the water ( make sure there is no " Nessie" hiding under me)
There are many more excuses, but simply put:
It's a beautiful Country that mirrors our own and I have found that 95 % of the people I meet are very pleasent to talk too and I'm only sorry to say that I can't get up there very often.
Musktothehuhhuh
Posted 8/29/2003 10:10 AM (#80167 - in reply to #80063)

Stan you are always welcome at my house!! just bring your spray kit cause I need some custom colours on about 100 baits!
Musk.
tomcat
Posted 8/29/2003 10:44 AM (#80173 - in reply to #80063)

"WHY" dont' you know how to spell? or maybe that's french of something??
have a good weekend.
tomcat
Stan Durst
Posted 8/29/2003 10:23 PM (#80208 - in reply to #80173)

See Musk? That's why I like it up there. Thanks for the warm invite and I would certainly paint your baits. Should you ever make it to Pa. Your welcome at my house any time and we would hit my lake here.

sworrall
Posted 9/1/2003 12:04 AM (#80277 - in reply to #80208)

I visit there because of the friendly people. You are correct, there are no  muskies in Canada, there are Maskeonge, EH?

Thank goodness for the border or we wouldn't hardly know we weren't in the US from all the license plates I saw in Morson last week.

Musktothehuhhuh
Posted 9/2/2003 11:11 AM (#80356 - in reply to #80063)
Subject: RE: Why are all you coming here??

Stan, we have a mutual friend Mike D. he has nothing but amazing things to say about you. You would be welcome in my boat anyday (painting lures or not:)) and Tom i am hooked on phonics, leave me alone.
Musk.
Justin Gaiche
Posted 9/2/2003 7:53 PM (#80400 - in reply to #80356)

Ya know der eh? I tell ya whats I think! Dat time Iz comin' back to the heartland if ya know what I mean, da US customs guy says "EH youz frum Mosinee eh? Well Iz frum Neilsville, we playd futbol against each udder, sportsmen like ya know. If ya need to bring back sum dat Labots brewed Budweizer (Yeah, I thinks its a conspiracy too) I wont tell anyone. God bless Canada don't ya know! '

Seriously, I'm just kidding.
Tyler Campbell
Posted 9/3/2003 12:24 AM (#80427 - in reply to #80063)

Musktothehuhhuh,

You guys are always welcome down here. So what's the problem? I thought we were all in the same club, ya know?

Good fishin',

Tyler Campbell

Edited by Tyler Campbell 9/3/2003 12:26 AM
Stan Durst
Posted 9/3/2003 1:30 AM (#80428 - in reply to #80063)

Musk,
AAAHHHHHH, My Buddy Mike, What's he up too? He gets a ton of lures repainted and then I don't hear from him for ages. Honestly, I think he is really living out there on the water until he wears them out again. He left me with an open invite to come up and hit the water with him, but with things going on the way they are now I can't make it up there this year. But I would really like to try for the Spring bite. We will have to connect. Jack Lake is only eight hours from here so you guys can't be that far away.

Tyler, How you doing Bud?
Tyler Campbell
Posted 9/3/2003 1:52 AM (#80429 - in reply to #80063)

Hey Stan,

I'm doing ok... No boat for about 6 weeks. But I will get it back next week. Just gel-coat damage, nothing major. But it was down to the glass. Had to pay for it out of pocket. I didn't want to claim insurance and get dropped...

I clipped the last part of my e-mail to you, you know about Chautauqua...

So we had nothing for two days, a couple of lazy follows on the north end. So we hit you're shad jointed Believer pattern. My girlfriend raised a sow around 50 casting away from the cover, to open water. Just a sow... It only took about a dozen casts.

We had a couple more come to the boat, but it was just tough fishing. Only boated a few that week, but you're patterns were the answer. Mostly the Jakes, with one on a Reef Hawg, original brown sucker, best I can describe it. More the action than the color on that one, just a producer.

So for fall, I'm looking for you to hook me up with some Crappie and Carp pattern Reef Hawgs if you can.

Have you been out to do any fishin' on Pymatuming? You should, you deserve it. Taking some time off is important.

Good fishin', and thank you,

Tyler Campbell

Trophymuskie
Posted 9/3/2003 9:37 AM (#80446 - in reply to #80063)

They certainly are not coming here for our good looks.
sworrall
Posted 9/3/2003 9:47 AM (#80450 - in reply to #80446)

TM, I disagree. I think the Canadian people are some of the finest looking folks on this Earth. Well, that would be with the possible exception of you and Mike Larski, you guys are 'salt of the earth'. ;)  Only one comment:

Some folks worry WAY too much about waterlines. Can't blame them, I guess, because they don't understand what we are doing in the boat, and have no concept of a Spinnerbait or the fact we WON'T hook their waterline. I have been called things I had to look up because I was near a heated waterline fishing muskies.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)