Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Heidecke lake IL

Message Subject: Heidecke lake IL
Musky_Mo16
Posted 7/1/2017 7:17 PM (#867425)
Subject: Heidecke lake IL

Was planning on the chain but I decided I'd rather survive the holiday weekend. Anyone been to heidecke recently? How's the bite been? Not really sure what I'm going to fish for yet so I'll take any report you've got, Muskie or not. Thanks
TornadoFlipN
Posted 7/13/2017 3:52 PM (#870044 - in reply to #867425)
Subject: RE: Heidecke lake IL

There's only tigers on heidecke. It's veeeeeery windy on the lake due to it being a cooling lake for a plant. I've read people having success on the south shore lines and a hump right before the bridge. I've fished the lake once but didnt have any luck.
ToddM
Posted 7/13/2017 6:26 PM (#870058 - in reply to #867425)
Subject: Re: Heidecke lake IL

They have not stocked hybrid muskies since 1998. They stock pures now. The pure muskiss are in there but kind of hard to target due to bait being everywhere. The south shoreline has weeds out to 2ft. The rip rap runs alot of shoreline you can cast it, everything can line up on the transition from rock to the hard bottom. The harbor can be good early season. The wind is your friend out there, i have never had an issue out there but if the wind is pushing waves towards the bridge don't go on the north side.

Right now the lake is warm, 82 degrees last saturday. I go there and nust catch whatever eats a crankbait and that is everything in the lake except shad. We do catch an occasional musky that way.

Edited by ToddM 7/13/2017 6:29 PM
Musky_Mo16
Posted 7/13/2017 6:34 PM (#870059 - in reply to #870058)

Thanks guys, I haven't given up on it yet but when I was out there I got skunked. Couldn't get anything to bite. Threw Muskie baits for about 3 hours with nothing, then dragged crawler harnesses for another 2 hours with nothing, and that shocked me because we normally can't keep the yellow bass away but not a soul in sight while I was out there. Finished up throwing a bass jig and still not even a bite. Sounds like it's been a tough year out there. Talked to a another guy who said he fished for 6 hours and got 1 crappie.
ToddM
Posted 7/13/2017 7:19 PM (#870064 - in reply to #867425)

I was.out there last saturday, caught 12 fish in about 3hrs. Business as usual. Hauled in a smallmouth on my first cast and a drum on my last.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)