Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Guides Fishing Spots

Message Subject: Guides Fishing Spots
25homes
Posted 6/28/2017 8:32 AM (#866806 - in reply to #866745)
Subject: Re: Guides Fishing Spots

apeoples - 6/27/2017 6:40 PM

I hear ya, just have a hard time with people dictating what you can do when your off the clock, it's not his fault they saw a fish and couldn't seal the deal, I know quite a few guides and am friends with most of them from what I can see being a guide means is having a wife with a good job or parents with money.

Ive often wondered what a guide actually makes who works for a lodge? I know you are talking $350-$500 a day as a client but what does lodge pay a guide per hour? how many fish you get on? I guess Money could be good if it your own business assuming clients are breaking Rods and Loosing baits left and right that could get expensive quick not to mention boat maintence and what not....
jaultman
Posted 6/28/2017 9:57 AM (#866825 - in reply to #866594)
Subject: Re: Guides Fishing Spots

The opinions with which I agreed basically all say the same thing: let the market sort it out.

Owner should lay out his expectations. He's free to fire the guide(s) if they continue the unwanted practices.

If the after-hours fishing has adverse effects on customers' success, the guide, resort owner, and customers all share the losses, but I think it will be realized in the guide's pockets before the resort owner's.

It's not a moral issue. Come on.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)