Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Been out of the game awhile...trolling inland waters?

Message Subject: Been out of the game awhile...trolling inland waters?
2wires
Posted 6/28/2017 3:53 PM (#866907)
Subject: Been out of the game awhile...trolling inland waters?

Due to business and family obligations I have spent no time on the water for about 8 years. Just getting back into the swing of things and I guess I remember reading about the trolling regs changing. It always seemed trolling was kinda frowned on not just because it was illegal but also it didn't seem "pure" or something - not sure I can put my finger on it.

Anyway, there's a new boat in the garage and getting gear all organized to start hitting the water.

I just read the write up on the Eagle River PMTT and it said that alot of fish were caught trolling and that just hit me as strange - not for any other reason I guess than I have been waaaay out of the loop!

So, is trolling just another tool at this point and is totally acceptable everywhere or is there still any social stigma about it on inland waters, especially up north? I would love to give it a shot as the biggest limiting factor to my time fishing muskies has always been an extremely problematic shoulder and neck which cuts my days down to 3-4 hours casting.

ToddM
Posted 6/28/2017 4:09 PM (#866909 - in reply to #866907)
Subject: Re: Been out of the game awhile...trolling inland waters?

2wires, you did not get them crossed. I trolled some last weekend up north. No luck but i am sure it will work up there. Laydowns and cribs can be a challenge. I did go back to the motel, took a long cold shower and laid on the bathroom floor in the fetal position sucking my thumb the rest of the night. 1 line per angler, 2 max per boat.

Edited by ToddM 6/28/2017 4:10 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)