Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Met a interesting guy today.

Message Subject: Met a interesting guy today.
Musky_Mo16
Posted 6/3/2017 10:21 PM (#863823)
Subject: Met a interesting guy today.

I was out bass fishing and another guy was out too and eventually we started talking. The usually "any luck yet?" Conversation starter. We talked for a while and he noticed the musky sticker on my boat. He asked if I fish for muskie and I said "I'm trying". He invited me to drive up next to him and he pulled out this huge book. It turned out to be a photo album. He had it filled with wallet sized photos of what he claimed to be every muskie he ever caught. He told me there was 326. And on the back of each photo he had everything you could want to know about that fish; lure, water temp, air temp, wind speed/direction, depth, structure fished, lake fished, fish length and fish Girth. I asked if I could take photos but he said he would prefer if I didn't (have to respect that)
I was wondering if anyone else did anything like this. I think once I get my first I might start something like this. Not only is it cool to be able to look back and see every muskie you ever caught but it would be very educational.
Clark A
Posted 6/4/2017 12:27 AM (#863825 - in reply to #863823)
Subject: Re: Met a interesting guy today.

He carries his photo album around? To answer your question, no I do not do this. I have not caught 326 legal muskies, but I might be close to 200, and if I have photos of 35 of those from 1976 it might be stretching it. He is taking his passion to a new level!
Musky_Mo16
Posted 6/4/2017 1:17 AM (#863826 - in reply to #863825)

I guess he does carry it around regularly. He says it's his reference book. And I can see it being that with all the information that was in it. It was more of a data book with pics more than it was a photo album. But that's why I love fishing, the amount of passion, time, and care that gets put into this sport is absolutely amazing.

About me trying do something similar. I think it would be way easier now because of the crazy easy access to a camera (my phone) but back when he was doing it, it really took some dedication, and discipline, to get all that info, and a pic, for every muskie he ever caught.

Edited by Musky_Mo16 6/4/2017 1:21 AM
ToddM
Posted 6/4/2017 4:00 AM (#863827 - in reply to #863823)

Alot of people carry a log book. Not a photo log book but a log book. Only the photo part is unusual and making it a little harder to reference with the info on the back.
Emptynet
Posted 6/4/2017 10:11 AM (#863844 - in reply to #863823)
Subject: RE: Met a interesting guy today.

An easy to check reference is the Muskies Inc "Lunge Log". All of the fish you've caught with as much info as you want to record when you enter your fish. All you need to do is join MI & access the website on your phone.
tcbetka
Posted 6/4/2017 11:08 AM (#863848 - in reply to #863844)

His name wasn't Tom Gelb was it? That guy keeps the most detailed records I've ever seen--and I thought that I kept detailed records!

TB
smithy97
Posted 6/12/2017 9:58 PM (#864906 - in reply to #863823)

I keep a log book with time of day, water temp, weather, lure, etc for each fish caught. I always try and get a picture but sometimes it just doesn't work out and you gotta release the fish asap for them to survive. It's fun at the end of the day to sit back and write out all the details, and re-live each exciting catch.
25homes
Posted 6/14/2017 10:13 AM (#865095 - in reply to #863823)

I dont have the Pics but def have a log book. has weather water temp wind direction location lures moon table the whole deal anything you can Log
WOLFFMAN
Posted 6/14/2017 6:13 PM (#865134 - in reply to #863823)

plenty of musky guys that stay under the radar...no need to pound the chest...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)