Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Contest Time - 10 Lures/3 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge Rod

Message Subject: Contest Time - 10 Lures/3 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge Rod
Slamr
Posted 5/3/2017 3:21 PM (#860600)
Subject: Contest Time - 10 Lures/3 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge Rod

It's contest time! The folks at Tackle Industries and Professional Edge have stepped up to give away a custom rod made on any blank of your choice, built with Syncork with some ability to customize to your needs!

Here's the contest rules:

You've got three "seasons" to fish: early season (til June-ish), summer (til beginning of September) and fall (til ice-up)

You've got to NAME three bodies of waters or lakes you're going to fish in each portion of these seasons.

You're going to tell us 10 lures you're going to use (make, model AND color) to slay'em.

That's about it.

Judging will be done by me and maybe some friends on the viability of your choices, your creativity in descriptions, possibly humor, and if you can follow directions!

Contest start...NOW...and my crew of muskie brainiacs will choose a winner on May 21st.

To check out all the great products from Tackle Industries, go to https://tackleindustries.com/ and attached are some pics of examples of what you can have built!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Rod 2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Rod 2.jpg (37KB - 476 downloads)
Slamr
Posted 5/3/2017 3:26 PM (#860602 - in reply to #860600)
Subject: RE: Contest Time - 10 Lures/4 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge

My example entry:

Lakes/Bodies of Water:
Early season: Webster Area
Mid Season: Lake St. Clair
Late Season: Eagle Lake

Baits:
-10" Jake in TN Shad
-all black 8" Weagle
-all black Suick Nightwalker
-Perch Depthraider
-double 9 black/black built by Bite Back Baits
-double 9 chart/firetigeter built by Bite Back Baits
-double 10 Bite Back Baits in red/nickel with a black tail
-11" suick curly sue in cisco
-Silver/black Cisco Kid
-white/white violent strike spinnerbait with a willow leaf blade

And feel free to get as jazzy or details or funny or ridiculous...not sure what me and the judges will like!
MOJOcandy101
Posted 5/3/2017 3:55 PM (#860609 - in reply to #860600)
Subject: Re: Contest Time - 10 Lures/4 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge

MN opener isn't tell June 3rd so I'm rolling with the "ish" part of June!

Early season: Vermillion merry go round
Summer: Beers Lake
Fall: Leech Lake

Lures:
Weighted black suick
Black and nickle Jr Cowgirl
Freshly tied homemade Deertail/marabou, bucktail
weighted white suick
walleye royal orba (since muskies love walleyes)
#8 black and orange kramer revolution (got sucked into the craze)
Loon fat bastard
Blue and nickle showgirl
a whole chicken instead of a sucker
weighted orange suick

Flambeauski
Posted 5/3/2017 4:15 PM (#860611 - in reply to #860600)
Subject: Re: Contest Time - 10 Lures/4 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge

In the title you have 4 lakes, but in your instructions and example you have 3 lakes.

Another error like that and you won't be invited to fish with anyone ever again.

Note from Admin: Nit-picking will get you nowhere.
Slamr
Posted 5/3/2017 4:17 PM (#860613 - in reply to #860611)
Subject: Re: Contest Time - 10 Lures/3 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge

Flambeauski - 5/3/2017 4:15 PM

In the title you have 4 lakes, but in your instructions and example you have 3 lakes.

Another error like that and you won't be invited to fish with anyone ever again.

Is that why no one wants to hang out with me, spelling and grammar and misc mistakes??!!!
Flambeauski
Posted 5/3/2017 4:20 PM (#860614 - in reply to #860600)
Subject: Re: Contest Time - 10 Lures/3 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge

Todd gets away with it somehow. Probably his rugged good looks.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 5/3/2017 4:50 PM (#860622 - in reply to #860600)

Lakes/Bodies of Water:
Early season: Lake Vermilion/Lake X
Mid Season: Leech Lake/Lake Y
Late Season: Mille Lacs/Lake Z

Baits:
-12" Phantom Hex crankbait in whitefish pattern trolling my motor off all night in the early season.
-Phantom Xorsist (Chartreuse) casting the shallow newly emerged weeds in the early season.
-12" Weighted Suick beginning later June through freeze up. Sucker Pattern.
-Baby Beaver (walleye) quickly worked along structure mid summer to mid fall.
-Wirth Flaptail (Cisco Pattern) worked over shallow structure deep into the night and in the early morning hours. Chomp.
-Bigtooth Tackle Klack Bait (White) buzzed in shallow sand flats late summer to early fall.
-Sound Science "Sonic Boom" bucktail (black/nickel) burned over summer structure mid season and slow rolled after dark.
-Svartzonker - McTail (Ciscoid)worked over deep cisco/whitefish spawning structure to entice one big bite.
-Svarzonker _ McRubber Paddletail (Lemon Head) to show them something new!

Hopefully I catch one!!!

soxfan11
Posted 5/3/2017 4:55 PM (#860625 - in reply to #860602)
Subject: RE: Contest Time - 10 Lures/4 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge

Bodies of Water:
Early season: Wisconsin River
Mid Season: Playing bumper boats on the Madison Chain
Late Season: Lake of the Woods

Baits:
- 8" Weagle Stink Pickle
- 6" Phantom softtail Prism Perch
- Double 9 Chart/Black Bite Back Baits
- Double 10 Dominatrix Midnight Stalker (Brownie points??)
- Triple 10 Apache Black/Chart
- Fat Bastard Blackbird
- Musky Innovations Shallow Invader Walleye
- BigTooth Straight Wire Spinner Slump Buster
- Krave 10.5" Firetiger
- RubberHairy Twinkie Emerald Shiner

sworrall
Posted 5/3/2017 5:00 PM (#860628 - in reply to #860614)

Flambeauski - 5/3/2017 4:20 PM

Todd gets away with it somehow. Probably his rugged good looks.

Imaginary 'friends' do not count.
esoxaddict
Posted 5/3/2017 5:10 PM (#860630 - in reply to #860600)

Let's make this easy:

Early Season:
Lake: Monona Why Monona? Because the launch is giant with plenty of space for other people to launch and load while I am busy being that guy. I'm familiar with the lake, and to my knowledge there's nothing to hit except shoreline and weeds you can see. Drawbacks: Crowded. Plenty of people to point at me and say "what an idiot" as I try to launch/load my boat and laugh as I attempt to run a drift that looks like a drunk blind guy is running the boat.

Lures: Not that it matters, as I'll likely be casting at dead water... Black/Orange Mag Dawg - the third one I have owned. All of them wound up full of holes, and still have not put a fish in the boat. Which is fine. Between trying to run the trolling motor, figuring out the electronics, trying to cast and look like I actually have some idea what I am doing, I'm not sure I can handle catching a fish, or netting said fish. Baby Loon Topraider. Lots of good areas for that lure. Not the best time of the year for it, but it floats. This means while I am running the boat every which way, I can hop in the drivers seat and back the hell up without fouling my lure on the bottom and losing it. Silver/Nickel Showgirl. Never even moved a fish on it, and it's not a great color choice, so if I lose it I won't have to buy another one.

On to Summer:

Eagle Lake. Not the best time for Eagle, but by that point I should at least be able to run the boat well enough to follow a weedline. Lures: 1. Black/Smoke Gerry's Girl. I've caught more fish on that lure than any other. 2. Black Weagle. A nice lure to run erratically like I will likely be running the boat. Bonus that if floats and you can actually catch fish on it with long pauses. There will be long pauses. 3. Perch Depth Raider. Since I will be scared to death of hitting something, I will likely be so far off any discernable structure that a deep running crankbait you can rip and twitch will be a good bet. And if I foul it in the rocks and lose it, I have more. 4. Pearl Bondy Bait. It's a good choice for fishing off structure in deeper water, where I will likely be spending my time. It's safe there. And since running the boat, staring at my graph, and casting accurately is not likely to happen, I figure I can just sit in the butt seat and jig while I watch where I am going like my life depends on it. I may even catch a fish! 5. Sucker colored Suick. Perfect for the weeds outside Johnson's, which is probably the farthest point from camp that I will dare venture. It's the perfect bay to meander around aimlessly and just throw random casts like you have no idea what you are doing. Surprising amount of fish in there at times, too. Added bonus is if I fall out of the boat while trying to cast and run the boat at the same time, it's only about 5 feet deep, so I can literally drag the boat to shore and climb back in.

Fall. Ahhhhh fall. Harris Lake. It's a bowl. A big empty bowl with some nice weeds around a good chunk of the shoreline and nothing to run over unless you are less than 10 feet from shore. Lures: September sucks on that lake, so I'll probably just throw a double 8 bladed Shumway Flasher, black/black. Pike love 'em, and I like to eat Pike. It's a nice lure to throw while you are learning what little structure is on the lake. Once October rolls around, I'll start throwing a Wabull. Probably a perch colored one, because that's the only color I have. Might drag a sucker around too. Not sure if that counts as a lure, though. And that would be #11 anyway.
Booch
Posted 5/3/2017 7:17 PM (#860649 - in reply to #860600)

Early season: Busch Wildlife Area Lake 35 (St. Charles, MO) - the whole thing because it's < 100 acres and there's not much else around.
Mid Season: Crow Lake - there for a week so the entire western 2/3s, anywhere I find a submerged reef that I can see.
Late Season: Hazelcreek Lake (NE Missouri) - no idea yet because I've never been there

Baits:
-White Spinnerbait - Lake 35 is <100 acres, the fish are small and big lures might scare them.
-Blaze orange Mepps Musky Killer - same reason as above
-Red/red Jr. Double Cowgirl - it's been my confidence lure for 6+ years
-Red/nickel Showgirl - they work on Crow and I can throw it for 12 hours if I need to
-Sexy shad 10" Shadzilla X - I've been waiting to get my hands on these for 2 years!
-Hot Perch Sinking Depthraider - never know what lurks in the deep.
-Tackle Industries Super D black / silver - because well, it reminds me of Darth Vader
-Blaze Orange 8" Bagley’s B-Flat - my first musky lure and it always comes through
-Firetiger Top Raider - sometimes you just need to see action on the surface
-Flask of whiskey - it's a stretch for me to even use more than 5 baits, so this gets the #10 spot.

Edited by Booch 5/3/2017 7:18 PM
muskymartin67
Posted 5/3/2017 7:38 PM (#860653 - in reply to #860600)

1st part of season the Ole friendly Fox chain
2nd part Lake Vermilion Will be attending the muskiest 1st outing at Spring Bay as well
3rd part LSC

Lure 1 Bucher baby DR in firetiger
Lure 2 Mouldys 6" Hawg Wobbler in black
Lure 3 Muskie Innovations Mag Dawg in walleye
Lure 4 Musky Mayhem Dbl cowgirl in black w flame blades
Lure 5 Bucher top raider black widow
Lure 6. Suick 9" in sucker color
Lure 7 Musky Mayhem Dbl showgirl blue/nickel
Lure 8 Tackle industries Mag shad in Cisco
Lure 9 Drifter tackle 10" Jake in superman
Lure 10 Musky innovations shallow invader orange tiger
Tommis
Posted 5/3/2017 7:58 PM (#860663 - in reply to #860600)

Okay... first time caller, long time fan. I'd like to start off by saying I think I can follow directions so here goes nothing!

Early season, until June-ish... I shall be found on Pymatunning. I will be attempting to learn how to operate a boat so I will most likely have no idea what I am doing. This makes lure selections critical. I got me some of those fancy Kramer Brothers Revolutions I'd like to try, I'm almost positive I paid too much for them so they better work! Color selection should be easy as I only acquired two patterns. Not sure what Kramer Brothers calls them, but I like to think of them as pitch black (black/black) and toxic black (chartreuse/black). Once I'm fed up with being made fun of on the water, I will try to match the hatch from shore at the Jamestown outflow below the body if water mentioned above. This will consist of me throwing 5in white wildeye swim shads up the shore line with a straight retrieve and a good rip every now and then for good measure. I've caught one before doing this so it has to work again right?

Onto summer. Until the beginning of September according to the moderators and the calendar. I will be mostly river fishing here on the Allegheny. I will go to my summer baits here and enjoy wading in my boxers while tossing white Red October tubes, jigging the ever loving heck out of them and possibly swimming them as well. I love burning double tens around this time too. Maybe I'll throw on what I call my American double cowgirl by musky mayhem which has a red white and blue skirt with nickel blades. I'd like to try that out with my new used tranx 500pg i picked up. That's only if I can figure out the drag issue (see tackle and equipment thread, post "issue with drag on tranx 500pg if you'd like to help me accomplish this come summer.) Mag bulldawgs are definitely in the summer forecast for me! I'll stick to walleye colors on those and night fishing is always a blast come summer so I'll throw some baby loon lake x cannonball jrs which, once again, I probably overpaid for like the #*^@ revolutions!

Come fall until ice up, you can catch me trying to get on Chautauqua. I've never been before but it'll be the perfect time to hire a guide. I don't know what lures he'll have on him, but I will try to find a pounder with a black body and red tail on his boat. Once he is sick of me, I will rent a boat and go to every way point I marked while with the guide. Now's when I will try out the two pounder until I catch a fish or my arms fall off. Color choice will be walleye and white. I suppose i should try out the black fat bastard I, yet again, probably overpaid for. My final lure selection, in order to follow directions, will be a double thirteen big Bird. I'm excited to see what they're all about and it should be perfect to shock my body again after throwing the two pounders.

After all is said and done, I will be broke, busted and absolutely disgusted...until I look back at my pictures of the 36" fish, the 37" fish and that one ambitious 32" fish who ate the two pounder. Most importantly, I will be able to share all of this with you people, who I've never met and have nothing but respect for. Please be advised, I will be posting a lot until ice up, asking for wisdom if you're willing to share, hopefully my first question will be what blank to choose!

Good luck everybody and thank you for all the wisdom you've already passed onto me.

Edited by Tommis 5/3/2017 8:38 PM
Udee2159
Posted 5/3/2017 8:08 PM (#860666 - in reply to #860600)

I think I read the rules correctly...

My Fantasy Lakes/Bodies of Water:

Early season: Lake of the Ozarks- Nothing like starting the season going 0 to 60 mph. “This place is so party hardy that even The New York Times deemed it worthy of travel coverage alongside the Hamptons... awkward. From AquaPalooza to ridiculous yachts and lax laws on toplessness, it's a "vast, loud, wet, sexy, joyous, and furious revel", said the Times' "enterprising" reporter.”

Mid-Season: Lake Minnetonka- Muskies and a Kardashian? ” This sublime watering hole with 125 miles of shoreline and 42 bays has seen plenty of action, including the alleged sex-party scandal involving members of the Vikings football team a few years back.”

Late Season: Lake St. Clair- Pizza boat service and on the water Mardi Gras…ugh yes! “LSC is also home to Jobbie Nooner, a water-based Mardi Gras that happens twice a year and boasts its share of booze, bare breasts, and big crowds”

My source: https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/america-s-best-lakes-for-sum...

Baits:

1. Lund Boat: LX 240 All Black Pontoon of course. Plenty of deck room and party space. The seductive platform and spacious interior will really get the right ones to show up.

2. Miller High Life: Brown bottle with Gold Label. Naturally, it helps get the party started.

3. Navionics Chip HotMaps Platinum: I can’t be hitting rocks or running aground. This baby has 3D viewing and Satellite Overlay. Talk about impressing them with fancy technology. Also, you have to think about how will I find the mega-school?!

4. Captain Morgan Rum: Another Brown bottle, but this time in a handle. Helps continue the party and it’s the best liquid courage.

5. Johnsonville Brats: Yellow package, preferably the beer brats. Mix in some onion and a beer bath and the smell will really bring in the big girls.

6. Inflatable Inner Tubes: Donut shaped, any color. Encourages water activities and activity appropriate clothing. (Life jackets worn of course)

7. Tackle Industries Custom Made Rod: All Black with Electric Blue accents. The key to any bait is to lure them in with something they can’t resist. Something long, stout, and full of power is something they can’t resist.

8. Banana Boat Sun Screen: Orange Bottle SPF 50. I’ve been living under long sleeves and long pants for some time now. I can’t turn into a lobster and risk them turning off boat side seeing that big of a color contrast!

9. Frabill Power Catch “Big Kahuna” Net: Gold Handle with Black netting. At one point or another during the season, there’s going to be one that was worth the entire season. This isn’t the time to get sloppy. You’ve got to protect your catch and ease her into the boat with care.

10. Last, but certainly not least…MuskieFirst Message Board Moderators. Everyone knows that you need powerful and good looking friends to really attract them. A boat full of that knowledge, experience, and prowess will be irresistible. Isn’t the old adage...”there is no luck, only skill”?
tkuntz
Posted 5/4/2017 9:24 AM (#860709 - in reply to #860600)

The lakes:

Spring: East Okoboji. Its a not so well structured lake with a fishable population. I plan on getting utterly demoralized on this lake. I don't say this because its a particularly difficult lake, or a low population density trophy lake, or even due to the dozens of hammered pleasure boaters. I'll be demoralized by the lake because that's how my relationship with Okoboji is, day after day of lazy follows, short strikes and shaken hooks loom over our history. But like a Clinton marriage, ill try and reconcile our ugly past while stepping out to get my action elsewhere.

Summer: LOTW. Its like a slam dunk in the WNBA, a rare, stunning display of how things should be in a mixed up world filled with fundamentals, crying and disappointment. Scenery, fun, fishing, and skinny dipping; truly the greatest destination.

Fall: Clear Lake (Iowa). Its ugly as a war wound but not nearly as deep or consequential. Lots of boats and fishermen. Not really a trophy lake. But my home town lake always finds a way to tickle my fancy, ugly water or not.

The usual suspects

1. Spankys double 8, Larsons perch color. PB caught on this lure, a real beauty. Dirty dangles, boys.

2. Squirko in carperch pattern. Big time fall producer.

3. Shallow raider 7" in chartreuse pikey pattern. These lures are awful, take on water, shed paint like my dog does fur, but they catch fish.

4. Headlock 10" black rice. "Trolling isn't muskie fishing" according to my wife. Yeah, tell that to all the fish it catches me.

5. Home made Marabou double 10 in "Disco chicken" pattern. One gold blade, one chartreuse, extra thick feathers in approximately a perch color. First figure 8 fish fell to this monster.

6. 7" perch color slammer minnow. Shallow water wonder.

7. Cbj in blackbird pattern. Fatty gonna get chewed in Canada for sure.

Wildcards

8. Home made muskie dive/rise in tiger muskie pattern. She dives, she walks, she rises, then does it all over again.

9. Custom spinnerbait by Patrick Ayd in crappie pattern. This sucker is a feathery mastepiece. Look him up for your next custom tie.

10. Home made 8" yellow bass pattern glider. Its long, its hard as f@c#, and its ready to win.

Disclaimer: None of the predictions made here carry any weight whatsoever. I will fail, I will succeed, I will drink beer either way to celebrate. Its all about time on the water and the cameraderie of mutual failure and fleeting joy.
FlyPiker
Posted 5/4/2017 10:44 AM (#860717 - in reply to #860600)

Spring: MN metro - cuz you can actually catch fish there - until bath water season which will be about June 6th. It's a short season.
Summer: Miltona - I know there are bigger fish in other lakes. I Just enjoy fishing Miltona - I can actually catch fish there. And there is a big girl that broke my heart last summer. Until we meet again Bessie...
Fall: Mille Lacs (weather permitting) who doesn't enjoy playing the MN lotto?

Lures
Double ten - black/nickel
Double ten - black on black
Harasser - black/nickel
Mag dawg - black
Psycho sister - black
Suick - black
Double 8 - black/nickel
Shallow raider - black
any other lure - so long as it's black
Husky dussa - white, cuz ciscos aren't black
darbogast90
Posted 5/4/2017 11:43 AM (#860723 - in reply to #860717)

Early season: Stonewall Jackson (gets too warm around June-ish anyhow)
Summer: West Fork River
Fall: Stonecoal Lake

Lures:
1) Musky Mayhem double showgirl - black/nickel
2) Musky Mayhem DCG - black/nickel
3) Musky Innovations Mag Bulldawg - CISCO
4) Musky Innovations Dyin Dawg - Gizzard Shad
5) Llungen Lures Nutbuster Jr. - Chart Topper
6) Leo Lures Musky Dawg Jointed - Green Marble
7) Wiley Lures 5.5" Musky Killer - Dogballs
8) Deadhead Muskie Lures Side Winder - SS Minnow
9) River Run Tackle Manta Hang 10 - Chartreuse Bandit
10) Bondy Bait Original (7 oz) - Black

Tightlines.
anderj85
Posted 5/4/2017 12:47 PM (#860731 - in reply to #860600)

Early Season: West Okoboji, until we get ran off by tourists
Summer: Fox, less tourists
Fall: West Okoboji, finally no tourists

Lures:
1. Spanky Baits Fireball #8, Black & nickel, bent up war horse
2. Spanky Baits Fireball #8, Black & nickel, new, 2nd string, #1 will surely be destroyed before the year is over.
3. Spanky Baits Fireball #10, Black & nickel, as much as I love their double 8’s, bigger has to be better, right?
4. Musky Mayhem Tackle Jr. Double Cowgirl, TRO pattern “Dirty Money”, finally getting the fiancé trained in on getting me decent presents.
5. Red October Baits 7.5” ninja tube, TRO pattern ”ice cold perch”, again the fiancé is getting things figured out.
6. Water Wolf lures original Shadzilla, Firetiger, haven’t used one but want to see what all the fuss is about, eh.
7. Musky Innovations Shallow Invader, Standard size, TRO pattern “miller perch”, yes, Jeff Widmann takes all of my money.
8. Kramer Bros. Tackle #9 Revolution, TRO pattern “Chartreuse Thunder”, it wouldn’t be a successful offseason without impatiently waiting for the new wonder of the musky world.
9. MDR Lures chopper dive & rise, white belly perch pattern, because Jeff Widmann takes all of my money, I can’t afford the fancy barfighters, coercers, navins, etc.
10. Homemade double 10, UV marabou, Firetiger pattern. As if musky fishing isn’t hard enough, hey I should try to make something myself, right?

There you have it, my not so patented recipe for an incredibly mediocre season.
jrcates
Posted 5/4/2017 3:48 PM (#860748 - in reply to #860731)

Lakes:
Early season: Webster Lake, IN (Because I live in the area.)
Mid Season: Eagle Lake, ONT (My Favorite place on Earth, and have fished during the June-September period.)
Late Season: Lake St. Clair, MI/ONT (I end up going in the fall because seeing the same houses on Webster gets very boring. Also some very big fish.)

Baits:
-Musky Mania 10" Jake - Tennessee Shad Holoform
-8" Mojo Weagle - Chartreuse & Orange
-Original Bondy Bait - Whizzard Shad
-Jointed Depthraider - Perch
-Double 10 black/black (I guess Musky Mayhem, but they all are about the same.)
-Chaos Tackle Medussa - BL
-Musky Buster Low Rider - Black W/ Flame Blades (An old one with an offset tail)
-Musky Innovations Magnum Bulldawg - Black W/ Orange tail
- Windel's Harasser Willow leaf - Black/Nickle
-1/2 oz Strike King Pro Model Spinnerbait with a small #3 gold Colorado blade and a #4.5 Willow leaf blade - Shad handmade skirt.

Edited by jrcates 5/4/2017 3:50 PM
Gringo Loco
Posted 5/5/2017 10:12 AM (#860811 - in reply to #860600)
Subject: RE: Contest Time - 10 Lures/3 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge

Early Season: Moses Lake
Mid Season: Moses Lake
Fall Season: Moses Lake

Since my lures don't have names I'm sending a picture of the ten I'll use. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words and that's even more than ToddM is likely to submit.

(DSCN2888-1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN2888-1.jpg (122KB - 442 downloads)
T3clay
Posted 5/6/2017 7:15 PM (#860943 - in reply to #860600)

Lakes:
Early season Apple River Flowage: this is the lake that i grew up fishing. I caught my first fish there, and so did my youngest son. I caught my first muskie there too. I know this lake like the back of my hand. It doesnt produce the biggest fish, but its worth my time for sentimental reasons. I also fish an early season tournament there and enjoy pre fishing for the tournament as well.

Mid season lake minnetonka.
I have never fished this lake before but i plan to spend alot of time learning it this year. Its one of the closer muskie lakes to me and im hoping to get a handle on the night bite.

Late season lake bemidji
I also havent ever fished this lake before but im hoping to make this my big fish destination lake for a few years. I have a mentor that knows the lake well and will hopfully be able to give me a few pointers.

On to the lures. First i will cover the bucktails
1 tandem blue fox vibrax in fire tiger. This is not my favotite bait but it flat out catches fish. Ny father gave it to me a few years ago and now i throw it almost every trip out.

2. Tandem blue fox vibrax in black nickel.
Its black and nickel, no further explanation required

3 bucher magombo combo white nickel.
One of my favorite bucktails and it has put some nice fish in the boat.

4 walleye spanky double 10
New bait for me this year, i love the color and cant wait to get this thing in the water!

5 black and orange apache tripple 9
6 black and nickel apache triple 9
Really excited about these two baits. My first apaches and in colors im confident in.

7 jointed rapala perch.
This is my top night time probucer, its loud (jointed and has a rattle) versitile, and in a proven color.

8 hot perch squirko.
Squirkos were new to me last year. Didnt net any fish on this one but i love the color and this thing raised some hogs!

9 black magnum hawg wobbler
Another proven bait. Good for any time of day or night.

10 giant jackpot black and yellow
Another sentimental bait. My first topwater fish was caught on this bait, as well as my first tournament fish. This thing is always good for some action.

(14941161790686.jpg)

(14941160715725.jpg)

(14941160661734.jpg)

(14941160605753.jpg)

(14941160552672.jpg)

(14941160488251.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 14941161790686.jpg (110KB - 488 downloads)
Attachments 14941160715725.jpg (188KB - 441 downloads)
Attachments 14941160661734.jpg (183KB - 445 downloads)
Attachments 14941160605753.jpg (191KB - 445 downloads)
Attachments 14941160552672.jpg (192KB - 423 downloads)
Attachments 14941160488251.jpg (196KB - 453 downloads)
Muskiemetal
Posted 5/8/2017 10:27 AM (#861081 - in reply to #860600)

Lakes:

Early - Okauchee /Oconomowoc.
Summer - LOTW / Vilas County Banana Lake
Fall - Green Bay / Vilas County Lake of the Unknowns.

Lures -
Muskie Metal Model 1 double 8's
Muskie Metal Model 2 double 10's
Muskie Metal Model 6 double 9's
Muskie Metal Model 5 Trolling 10
Muskie Metal Model 4 double 7
Rapala Super Shads
Johnston Toothaches
BM Shads
Hybrida Shads
Lake X
Wolfcreek Swimbaits
Erieboy75
Posted 5/10/2017 6:43 PM (#861327 - in reply to #860600)
Subject: RE: Contest Time - 10 Lures/3 Lakes/3 Seasons - Sponsored by Tackle Industries and Professional Edge

Early: West Branch Res - OH
Mid: St. Clair
Late: Detroit
lures:
1. whatever my wife says won't work today. make/model/color TBD
2. sucker mag dawg (worked!)
3. double 6 black chartruse, Rabske (worked!)
4. orange hot tail glider with black dots (worked, last year at least!)
5. gold medussa (not the magnum)
6. black medussa (not the magnum)
7. white medussa (not the magnum) - getting the drift here on my go-to on St. Clair?
8. 14" live sucker, MN variety
9. big old grandma, blue (don't grandma's have blue hair anyway?)
10. whatever lure my wife just took off.....again, make/model/color TBD

ErieBoy75
Madhatter
Posted 5/10/2017 7:40 PM (#861333 - in reply to #860600)

Early Season: Lake Waubesa, Madison, WI
Summer: Wabigoon Lake, Dryden, Ontario
Fall: Pewaukee Lake, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

1.) Llungen, .22 Short, Ghost Shad
2.) Headbanger Lures, Floating Headbanger, Bluesilver
3.) Musky Train, MX6, Bluegill
4.) Red October, 7.5" Ninja Tube, White
5.) Monster Lures, Rabid Squirrel, #8 Double Colorado, One copper one silber
6.) Musky Innovations, Shallow Invader, Natural Perch UV
7.) A-Team Tackle, AK Huskie, Mylar Blue and Silver with Silver A-Team Pounder Blades
8.) Crane Baits, 207, White with Silver Glitter
9.) Phantom Lures, Hardhead Large, Walleye
10.) Phantom Lures, Xorsist, White with Silver Foil Side
Clark A
Posted 5/11/2017 1:45 AM (#861359 - in reply to #860600)

June: Pelican Lake, WI
Lures: Mepps Muskie Killer Black/Gold Blade, Mouldy's Topper Stopper yellowish with squeaky silver prop blades, standard large all black Suick Muskie Thriller, #11 Countdown Rapala Black/Silver, and Marathon Big Slims/Slim Jim brown/Squirrellish with a cut up fork tailed piece of white bathing cap tied to the rear treble with wire/silver blade. Yes, I still have at least a dozen pristine 1977ish Slim Jims I still use!

Summer: Cliff Lake, Ontario Canada
Lures: Fudally Candy Spin orange w/ brass/copper blades, Johnson Silver Minnow brownish gold back w/ a pearl 4" Kalin twister grub tail, Suick Nite Raider orange/yellowish/ black dots.

Fall: Lake Minnetonka, MN (I want to go back at Pelican!)
Ruff Tackle Rad Dog Black with an orange/red Colorado blade (not fluted...whoops, I just spilled the beans!), 10" Suick yellow with black spots/dots.

I'm all ready for 1980 if it wants to roll around again, and I'm still color blind!
spinnerbayt
Posted 5/15/2017 2:53 PM (#861717 - in reply to #860600)

Bodies of water:
Early season = Coal River. Because I can be from home to on the water in my jon boat in about 20 minutes.
Mid Season = Coal River. See above
Late Season = Coal River. Did I mention how close it is?

10 must have lures...

#1. 6" Ownage glider in pearl
#2. 7" Ownage Softtail glider in white/chartreuse
#3. 6" Ownage twitch bait in walleye
#4. 6" Ownage twitch bait in pearl/black stripe
#5. Ownage double 9 bucktail in black/pearl skirt
#6. Ownage twin tail swimbait in natural baitfish
#7. Ownage soft pull bait in natural baitfish
#8. 12" Handtied fly in bleeding baitfish
#9 12" Handtied fly in black
#10 6" Ownage zig zag topwater in chartreuse. Caught my PB on this one a couple summers ago.

Oh yeah... I'm a bait snob and pretty much only fish with baits I make myself so they are the only ones that make the list.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)