Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Which pairing for my rods and reels?

Message Subject: Which pairing for my rods and reels?
ndsumiller
Posted 4/19/2017 11:01 PM (#858911)
Subject: Which pairing for my rods and reels?

I have a 7'6" custom rod (made using TI blanks) xxh, and a 8'6" Cabelas Tourney Trail mh (I think? says 20-50lb line, and 2-6oz lure rating on it...but I swear when I bought it on sale back when it was higher on both ratings) to match up with a Revo Toro S 60 and a Calcutta 400D. I just got the Toro S last year from that sale Reed's was doing, and I haven't used it yet. Would like to maximize my efficiency and have them set up before heading out this year. Mostly throw blades (usually no bigger than 8s), phantoms/hellhounds, and topwaters. Just got some Suicks to play with, so I'll be learning those this year, as well as a few different rotating topwaters and some WTDs too. Haven't gotten into rubber yet. Which reel would be best on which rod and why?

Thanks!
Musky_Mo16
Posted 4/19/2017 11:30 PM (#858912 - in reply to #858911)
Subject: Re: Which pairing for my rods and reels?

Toro S on the 8'6" and Calcutta on the 7'6". That's what I would personaly do because I like low profile on my bucktail rods, it's just more comfortable since I palm. And the Calcutta for gliders/jerkbaits and rubber because I hold the foregrip when working those. Both are good reels and could do either job, just need to figure out what's more comfortable for you. Good luck!
monsterlures
Posted 4/20/2017 12:12 AM (#858914 - in reply to #858911)
Subject: Re: Which pairing for my rods and reels?

Does it matter?
Both reels have a ratio of 5 and a similar line capacity.

Try both reels on both rods and see what is most comftable for you since you baisicaly have the same reel peformance wise.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)