Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Please send some prayers my way...

Message Subject: Please send some prayers my way...
Tommis
Posted 3/5/2017 7:37 PM (#852277)
Subject: Please send some prayers my way...

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this message, but I have been out of town since Wednesday for work. My sister called today saying there was a flood in my apartment which turned out to be from a small kitchen fire that my sprinkler system extinguished. Minimal fire damage but a lot of water damage. Most of my fishing equipment survived and I feel truly blessed to have escaped from a total loss. My question though is, does anyone have experience with insurance claims towards fishing equipment as all my reels were on my coffee table being cleaned and serviced when I left and are soaked in their boxes. I'm still not back yet but could use some advice. Thank you all very much!
Jeff78
Posted 3/5/2017 7:47 PM (#852281 - in reply to #852277)
Subject: Re: Please send some prayers my way...

I wouldn't see why some water would damage reels. They are designed to work in wet conditions obviously.
I just hope the tube I sent you survived.
Tommis
Posted 3/5/2017 8:51 PM (#852291 - in reply to #852277)

Haha thanks Jeff! Think >1000gals of water though... I will be re-servicing them when I get home. Hence the needed prayers haha
R code
Posted 3/5/2017 8:55 PM (#852292 - in reply to #852277)

Did you have rental insurance if not you might be sol.
Tommis
Posted 3/5/2017 8:56 PM (#852293 - in reply to #852277)

My water bill is going to sucks haha
Tommis
Posted 3/5/2017 9:02 PM (#852295 - in reply to #852277)

I own the property and live in one of the units. The thing I am worried about is per my rep I couldn't purchase "true" homeowners because it is a three family dwelling. So I only have liability insurance. I'm just thankful that no lives were taken (including my cat) and it's just water compared to fire damage. I've never had to make any claim though so I'm seeking advice. Even if the reels are ruined, they can be replaced.
Pepper
Posted 3/6/2017 7:22 AM (#852308 - in reply to #852277)

If u only have liability coverage u will get no help from your insurance what caused the fire?
Will Schultz
Posted 3/6/2017 7:46 AM (#852312 - in reply to #852295)

Tommis - 3/5/2017 10:02 PM I own the property and live in one of the units. The thing I am worried about is per my rep I couldn't purchase "true" homeowners because it is a three family dwelling. So I only have liability insurance. I'm just thankful that no lives were taken (including my cat) and it's just water compared to fire damage. I've never had to make any claim though so I'm seeking advice. Even if the reels are ruined, they can be replaced.

If you only have liability you need to find another agent ASAP. You should have a landlord policy which will cover property damage, liability, loss of income, landlord contents (your stuff), etc. Nothing worse than finding out you have no coverage for a loss because you didn't buy the right insurance.

Tommis
Posted 3/6/2017 10:47 AM (#852347 - in reply to #852277)

#*^@. That's what I thought. I am just coming to grips with the fact I will be coming home to a destroyed house. I'm just happy no one got hurt. My cat jumping on the stove and hitting a burner knob is what I'm guessing caused the fire. I have not been home yet and only have seen everything through FaceTime with my sister. It originated on top of my stove from a box I had on top of it and began to catch my cabinets when my sprinkler head broke and put out the fire. No one was home to shut the fire main down, my tenants saw smoke, smelled gas and did nothing so for atleast 8hrs the sprinkler was dumping water. I am a fire suppression technician by trade so I already knew the damage before even seeing it. Property can be replaced, just going to put a hurt on my finances due to me being uneducated when purchasing insurance I suppose. I will be getting a different policy now though. Am I able to obtain a landlord policy on a three family dwelling?
Will Schultz
Posted 3/6/2017 11:38 PM (#852446 - in reply to #852347)

Tommis - 3/6/2017 11:47 AM #*^@. I will be getting a different policy now though. Am I able to obtain a landlord policy on a three family dwelling?

Landlord policies cover single, duplex, triplex, quad plex. 

25homes
Posted 3/7/2017 7:47 AM (#852463 - in reply to #852277)

Like you said at least no one got hurt thats what counts. I lost my home to fire 2 years ago...was do land contract rent to own so only renter insurance...Lost everything nothing left where house use to stand and lost 3 dogs Worse day of my Life!!!

Prayers go out to you and hopefully you get everything worked out without too much trouble good luck and keep your head up like you said no one hurt could have been waayyy worse!!

Edited by 25homes 3/7/2017 7:49 AM
Tommis
Posted 3/7/2017 9:50 PM (#852599 - in reply to #852277)

Amen guys. I just got back last night and the water has my walls bowed. It's the lowest unit so I'm a little concerned. Meeting with adjustor tomorrow and once that is out of the way I will be calling my agent and demanding a better policy. This agency was recommended from my mum since they cover our company as well, they may be getting dropped on each in March when the policies expire. So much for trusting anyone... well maybe except for you guys! Thanks for all the help. Again you all were a wealth of knowledge!
Tommis
Posted 3/10/2017 8:50 AM (#852825 - in reply to #852277)

I just wanted to give you guys an update, I'm covered and for everything! The reels are fine, have them drying in my bathroom but the boxes took the brunt of the damage. Getting restoration company in this weekend and can not thank all you enough! I can't believe they are covering me for everything less depreciation. Very satisfied customer!
25homes
Posted 3/10/2017 8:55 AM (#852827 - in reply to #852277)

maybe you wont need a new policy after all good to hear they stepped up...
Tommis
Posted 3/10/2017 2:04 PM (#852860 - in reply to #852277)

I don't think I will need a new policy! Mitigation is beginning today, I tamper sealed my fishing room just in case they get any ideas haha
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)