Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Mille Lacs- Isle

Message Subject: Mille Lacs- Isle
beaverbuck1986
Posted 10/3/2016 4:00 PM (#832167)
Subject: Mille Lacs- Isle

I will be fishing out of Isle later this month, first timer? Any fishing reports and recommendations on areas to start? Thanks.
Musky952
Posted 10/4/2016 12:01 PM (#832256 - in reply to #832167)
Subject: Re: Mille Lacs- Isle

Where is that on Mille Lacs? I am very new to fishing Mille Lacs because I finally have a boat to take out there. Have a cabin very close to the lake.

Was out there last weekend on the north shore area kinda out front from Garrison MN. We fished the breaks as well as up shallow and the only luck that we had was after we couldn't figure out what else to do other than troll deep. Ended up getting one to hit on the troll in about 24ft but shook the hooks when I was getting the rod out of the holder.

I don't think you are going to get much info out of anyone unless they PM you.
thescottith
Posted 10/4/2016 12:10 PM (#832261 - in reply to #832256)

Isle is an excellent area to start, look over your map and pick out some reefs to fish and start fishing. Fish right now are probably deeper of the reefs but will slowly slide up shallower as the temps cool. I like pounders and supermodels but I'm hoping for a 50 pounder...
jchiggins
Posted 10/4/2016 7:59 PM (#832354 - in reply to #832167)

^^^^^What Scott said....... Just be aware mother nature can spoil your long term plans. Have a backup plan. Many days on Mille lacs, not unlike any large lake, you can only fish where the lake will let you. Good luck and stay safe.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)