Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Took my medussa duck hunting

Message Subject: Took my medussa duck hunting
KentuckyMuskie
Posted 9/22/2016 4:28 PM (#831102)
Subject: Took my medussa duck hunting

We have an early wood duck season down here in KY. So, I grabbed my shotgun and a fishing pole and headed down to the river. While I was waiting on some woodies, I started throwing my cisco colored medussa at a fallen tree.
Didn't take long and this old girl grabbed it and went to fighting. She never even acted like she got tired. I've never had a fish that didn't wear down at least a little from the fight. When I finally got her up to the boat, she acted like she had no idea that we had been going at it for several minutes. I was completely worn out.
Took a picture, plopped her down into the 74 degree water and watcher her tear out of there looking for another medussa to tangle with.
She sure did make for an exciting duck hunt!

I think I kinda fell in love with that old fish.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(BMSk3r.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments BMSk3r.jpg (98KB - 315 downloads)
Nershi
Posted 9/22/2016 5:56 PM (#831109 - in reply to #831102)
Subject: Re: Took my medussa duck hunting

Cool! Kill any birds?

I've caught a ton of smallies while goose hunting and made some Muskie casts on leech duck hunting but no Muskies yet. We've talked about putting a quick strike rig under a decoy. Motion decoy and bobber all in one. Too worried the pup would get caught in it otherwise we'd try it.
KentuckyMuskie
Posted 9/22/2016 9:31 PM (#831121 - in reply to #831102)

I heard some geese crossing the river, but I didn't see a single duck. Glad that fish decided to give me some action.
dickP
Posted 9/23/2016 6:16 AM (#831136 - in reply to #831102)

Cool.Back in the day when LOTWs had world clas diver shooting we'd hunt til mid morning then troll our way home.Often had muskies porpoising in our decoys.That would send the editor of In Fish magazine into a tizzy.
darbogast90
Posted 9/23/2016 7:21 AM (#831141 - in reply to #831102)

That's awesome, I want to do a blast and cast here sometime. With squirrels, though. lol
Grass
Posted 9/23/2016 12:00 PM (#831175 - in reply to #831102)

Nice pic and story.
Some day I would like to have a whitetail bow kill in the morning and a musky in the afternoon.
leech lake strain
Posted 9/26/2016 4:21 PM (#831502 - in reply to #831102)

that's cool, ive always wanted to bow hunt close to a lake or river that would be a good spot and float a sucker at the same time I was up in a tree.
KentuckyMuskie
Posted 9/26/2016 9:17 PM (#831549 - in reply to #831102)

Many days that I have taken off work to turkey hunt have ended up with me getting a bird in the early morning and then going musky fishing that evening. I've always wanted to get a turkey in the morning and then catch a musky in the evening. No luck with that so far, but I'll keep trying.
It is nice to live close enough to good musky waters that you can hunt and fish on the same day.
tbaatz
Posted 9/29/2016 6:08 AM (#831773 - in reply to #831102)

You know you're not in Minnesota when you're duck hunting wearing shorts-
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)