Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Muskie Fishing in the Chicago area

Message Subject: Muskie Fishing in the Chicago area
RandalB
Posted 9/13/2016 2:53 PM (#830316 - in reply to #830312)
Subject: Re: Muskie Fishing in the Chicago area

2 Hours gets you into Hoosier Muskies too..
gregk9
Posted 9/13/2016 3:55 PM (#830327 - in reply to #830312)

jonnysled - 9/13/2016 2:21 PM

1.5 hours from Chicago gets you about to the Barrington Chain of Lakes ...

that would be the Fox Chain O' Lakes, not Barrington.

http://www.lakelubbers.com/fox-chain-olakes-1266/
kdawg
Posted 9/13/2016 5:55 PM (#830338 - in reply to #830327)

Wow, a lot of Illinois bashers here. Remember when most of us started musky fishing? Some got lucky and caught a fish and others it took some time. Give this guy a break man, he said Chicago area, he had 3 days, and he was able to drive a short distance. Slamr said hire a guide for a day on the Fox Chain. Great suggestion! If you choose not to, here is what I suggest. Mallard lake in Dupage county. I would first obtain a map of the lake, and since u still have a month to learn as much as you can about muskies, do so, esp. cpr. Late October should be a great time to try the lake, less pressure, water temps should be good and because the lake is 89 acres, the learning curve is small, especially for your 3 day time frame. Mark off all the areas on your map with a highlighter that you intend to fish from shore using tactics you learned during your month of preparation. One last thing- don't be discouraged if you do not catch a fish, we've all been there. Good luck. kdawg
jonnysled
Posted 9/13/2016 6:19 PM (#830342 - in reply to #830338)

^ true, then there is always the swimming pool but i think that's in Hoffman Estates ...
Musky Brian
Posted 9/13/2016 6:48 PM (#830345 - in reply to #829824)

Is Santas Village still open in Dundee? Used to have a great petting zoo and fantastic funnel cakes ....
Fishen-ski's
Posted 9/13/2016 7:12 PM (#830349 - in reply to #829824)
Subject: RE: Muskie Fishing in the Chicago area

Slamr is right.... if you can take a day trip w/toro on the fox chain
do it. Catching a muskie from shore around here?? God bless, but you'd
be better off spending that money on lotto tickets. LOL.
5th lake Brad
Posted 9/13/2016 8:05 PM (#830360 - in reply to #830345)

Musky Brian - 9/13/2016 6:48 PM

Is Santas Village still open in Dundee? Used to have a great petting zoo and fantastic funnel cakes ....

It is. Probably looks exactly the same as you remember. Not much change except the admission price.
Slamr
Posted 9/13/2016 8:19 PM (#830361 - in reply to #830360)

5th lake Brad - 9/13/2016 8:05 PM

Musky Brian - 9/13/2016 6:48 PM

It is. Probably looks exactly the same as you remember. Not much change except the admission price.

But if you do go to Santa's Village, there's a great range and gun shop down the street (G.A.T) that even lets Democratic Libtards like me shoot there.
travelingfisherman
Posted 9/14/2016 3:11 PM (#830429 - in reply to #830316)

RandalB - 9/13/2016 2:53 PM

2 Hours gets you into Hoosier Muskies too..

Maybe for another fishing trip, thank you for the suggestion.
travelingfisherman
Posted 9/14/2016 3:17 PM (#830431 - in reply to #830338)

kdawg - 9/13/2016 5:55 PM

Wow, a lot of Illinois bashers here. Remember when most of us started musky fishing? Some got lucky and caught a fish and others it took some time. Give this guy a break man, he said Chicago area, he had 3 days, and he was able to drive a short distance. Slamr said hire a guide for a day on the Fox Chain. Great suggestion! If you choose not to, here is what I suggest. Mallard lake in Dupage county. I would first obtain a map of the lake, and since u still have a month to learn as much as you can about muskies, do so, esp. cpr. Late October should be a great time to try the lake, less pressure, water temps should be good and because the lake is 89 acres, the learning curve is small, especially for your 3 day time frame. Mark off all the areas on your map with a highlighter that you intend to fish from shore using tactics you learned during your month of preparation. One last thing- don't be discouraged if you do not catch a fish, we've all been there. Good luck. kdawg

Thank you, I will consider the Fox chain of lakes and Mallard lake along with the other recommendations I have been given so far. Have been researching Muskie/Pike fishing for a couple weeks now and will continue to do so. I do a lot of inshore/offshore saltwater fishing in South Florida, so I will bring some of that gear for my trip.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)