Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> NW Ontario Last Week (8/27 - 9/3/16)

Message Subject: NW Ontario Last Week (8/27 - 9/3/16)
jaultman
Posted 9/6/2016 1:23 PM (#829568)
Subject: NW Ontario Last Week (8/27 - 9/3/16)

Was anyone up fishing sunset country last week? I struggled a bit on the Indian Chain, where I had pretty high expectations. Just curious if others had a tough week or not. Didn't have anyone else in camp for comparing notes, so not sure if it was just me, or if the fish were off a bit.

Not looking for excuses for my results, I just want to know if that was "normal" for that water, or if it was slow for others on nearby waters, so with different/better conditions the results could have been much better.
jaultman
Posted 9/7/2016 3:57 PM (#829677 - in reply to #829568)
Subject: Re: NW Ontario Last Week (8/27 - 9/3/16)

Maybe I should add something of substance....

Beyond the first day I struggled finding fish shallow. The first day several fish were active on shallow rocks and weeds, and I put one in the boat but should've had a couple more. After that things slowed way down. Weather went bluebird with high pressure for the remainder of the week and casting shallow was like pounding sand.

Trolled a little bit the last two days and put 4 in the boat, two nice ones. Also casted those days half the time with no luck.

Walleye and trout fishing were both good when we did that.

any similar results?
jackpotjohnny48
Posted 9/7/2016 4:40 PM (#829680 - in reply to #829677)
Subject: Re: NW Ontario Last Week (8/27 - 9/3/16)

I had some friends who were up there in the same neighborhood (they were fishing Eagle) at exactly the same time as you.

One of them is very experienced on Eagle, and has a whole milk run of shallow reefs that he historically has done very well on. Apparently, they really struggled to find fish up on the shallow reefs like he normally does. The numbers were way down (in shallow water) compared to what he normally does.

Had to slide out a bit deeper to find fish. At least that was my understanding of their fishing report.

So it sounds similar to your situation...

hope that helps,

"Jackpot" John Schroeder
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)