Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Power Pro Warning

Message Subject: Power Pro Warning
KenK
Posted 6/3/2016 9:56 AM (#819165)
Subject: Power Pro Warning

Just want to warn you guys about the fake Power Pro on ebay. I thought I was getting a good deal at 99.95 for a 1500 yard spool of 65LB Power Pro. I've used Power Pro for years now and I am very happy with it! After I received it, I found that it just didn't look right. After a Google search I found out why. It is fake! An easy way to spot it is that most of the fakes all carry the SKU of 1264910091 regardless of the rating or length. The seller has agreed to a return and a refund my money after I called him out on his deceitful practices, but I'm sure he has burned many others. There are also others on ebay selling the same crap. I just placed an order with Rollie and Helen's for the real deal! Caveat Emptor!
MillennialSportsman
Posted 6/3/2016 10:51 AM (#819168 - in reply to #819165)
Subject: RE: Power Pro Warning

Ebay just scares the crap out of me to be honest.
Tackle Industries
Posted 6/3/2016 10:58 AM (#819170 - in reply to #819165)
Subject: Re: Power Pro Warning

eBay may not care but Power Pro will.. email their CS the links to this guys account. They will contact eBay and get him off and request a ban of his IP too. Granted, all he has to do is setup shop again but it makes it hard for him...
KenK
Posted 6/3/2016 11:15 AM (#819174 - in reply to #819165)

James, I already emailed Power Pro, so hopefully they go after him. This guy also has a brick and mortar store, I can only assume he is selling the stuff there also. In his pictures of the items on ebay, he goes through great lengths to try to cover up the SKU number to try to fool people. If and when I get my refund, I'll really push the envelope with ebay to get him kicked off.
mnmusky
Posted 6/3/2016 11:23 AM (#819176 - in reply to #819165)

Fake pp has been on ebay a couple years now. I hear it burns funny when melting a tag end. YouTube vids of it or used to be.
KenK
Posted 6/16/2016 2:16 PM (#820823 - in reply to #819165)

Here is an update. First, I received a full refund from the seller after I called him out. Next, I contacted the manufacturer and they were going to take action. They seemed to have put a major dent in the seller's on ebay. Even the seller that got me is no longer selling the fake stuff there. I'm sure it is just temporary and the crap will be all over ebay again in a few months, but I feel vindicated!
Cedar
Posted 6/18/2016 8:20 PM (#821028 - in reply to #819165)
Subject: RE: Power Pro Warning

Same thing happened to me last spring when I bought some 15 lb line for a Steelhead rod. Even asked a question to the seller prior to buying if this was authentic Power Pro, and he said yes. The line box had misspelled words on it, the SKU # on the box that didn't match the line on the spool, and a few other things on the packaging that were wrong. Called the seller out, and he refunded right away. Asked if I would do him a favor, and "test" the line for him to let him know what I thought of it. Let Power Pro know about it, and they didn't seem too interested. I actually did a dead weight test with that line and authentic Power Pro of the same lb test. The fake PP consistently broke above the lb test rating, and the Power Pro typically broke just under the lb test. Was going to scrap the line before I tested it, but decided to keep it as a back up.

As stated above... buyer beware.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)