Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Night Fishing

Message Subject: Night Fishing
WPT
Posted 6/29/2016 8:31 AM (#822190)
Subject: Night Fishing

Hi all
Looking for advice on what people are using for night fishing to prevent from reeling the leader to the rod tip.

Is the Glowin' Outdoors tape on the leader still the way to go? Any other tips?

Thanks!
Pat Hoolihan
Posted 6/29/2016 9:29 AM (#822207 - in reply to #822190)
Subject: Re: Night Fishing

That's what I use and I fish primarily after dark. I just stick a small piece on the blade or bait and away I go. Some guys like glow beads but they don't glow very long imo. Some guys tie a small knot so they feel it go through the guides but I'm not a fan of that. Just have to experiment and find what works best for you.
tkuntz
Posted 6/29/2016 10:37 AM (#822217 - in reply to #822190)

I fish a lot of topwaters which is easy. For bucktails it's a little more difficult and I usually just go with a glow bead that won't fit through my eyelet.
ulbian
Posted 6/29/2016 11:01 AM (#822223 - in reply to #822217)

Glow bead on the line, charge it up with a UV flashlight. The glow holds longer than it does charging it with a standard flashlight.

My night baits have a narrow strip of glow tape stuck to the top. Charge those up as well, you can see those things coming in from quite a distance.
pikepatrol
Posted 7/1/2016 7:51 AM (#822446 - in reply to #822223)

heat up the end of the fluorocarbon with a lighter from the top until it mushrooms out perfectly, do not flatten it. Tie Nailknot behind the mushroom. Works fantastic, i use a longer leader with bucktails, youll feel the subtle little tick tick as it enters the rod, begin fig 8. This also helps keep jerkbaits leaders lighter in front of the bait by ditching the metal components, just use a shorter leader.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)