Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Hydrowave?

Message Subject: Hydrowave?
BBT
Posted 1/21/2016 5:18 PM (#800698)
Subject: Hydrowave?

Do any of you use them for musky fishing? I have been considering buying one for bass and wondered if they had any practical use while musky fishing? Thanks!
Will Schultz
Posted 1/22/2016 9:14 AM (#800762 - in reply to #800698)
Subject: Re: Hydrowave?

It's the real deal for bass, even if shad aren't present. For muskies, I haven't seen it have the same impact. Muskies do seem to show interest and hang out at the boat much longer when the Hydrowave is turned on. Would I buy one to use exclusively for muskie fishing? No.
Abu7000
Posted 1/22/2016 2:12 PM (#800811 - in reply to #800698)
Subject: RE: Hydrowave?

I thought I posted this yesterday, but I may have messed up the post.
I used the Hydro Wave for three seasons on LOTW (150 plus days) and saw no significant increase in the number of fish contacted or caught when the unit was running as opposed to when it was off. I hoped it would boost the number of follows and increase the number of fish caught on the figure 8. During the three year period, I caught one more fish while the Hydro Wave was running. It did not seem to help keep the fish near the boat nor did it seem to increase their aggressiveness. In addition, I did not notice an increased number of follows. It is an interesting concept. I also used it while bass fishing, but I did not attempt to judge its effectiveness. Some bass pros love it, and some claim great results. I am not convinced it helps.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)