Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Boat organization

Reply New post
Message Subject: Boat organization
tolle141
Posted 1/20/2016 8:12 PM (#800581)
Subject: Boat organization

Hi Everyone,

Wondering what your tips and tricks are to getting the most out of your boat space and stay organized? MN Boat show this weekend and I started thinking about how I can be more organized in my own rig.
Fishysam
Posted 1/20/2016 10:30 PM (#800592 - in reply to #800581)
Subject: Re: Boat organization

I guess other than my boats have all been able to get my gear inside the storage I make the bow electronics wires all disappear that's quite the feat sometimes, 2 sonars some other electronics and two different trolling motors on quick release plates one is a terrova and there is zero slack in the cords, some boats I have seen I couldn't stand in without being on top of something that moves. Like cords.
danlaboucane
Posted 1/21/2016 8:03 AM (#800605 - in reply to #800581)

i make and modify a lot of stuff to fit my small boat and the way i fish,like a pedestal tool box ,all my Tools and lure retriever are in a small bucket with a hole to pass the pedestal in the middle. a velcro holds a nylon tool belt around it for everything i need,like fishysam no wires or loose stuff to trip over ,all casting stuff in front (cancelled the livewell for plano takle trays ) it all depens on your situation. i get ideas on boat photographs in site like here .
Fishysam
Posted 1/21/2016 9:12 AM (#800618 - in reply to #800581)

On my old boat(2090 warrior) I had the sonar/ power cords go through the top of the bow area where the troller mounts, 2 holes one for the trolling power and built in transducer/ ipilot link cords and the foot pedal cord, then the other hole right behind my gimble mounted sonar, using the plastic grommets from the humminbird institution kit to protect the cords, and I would definitely drill a hole to bring the foot pedal cord out in the front of the deck , my boat was rebuilt and I had a slot for that cord and it was awesome. The new boat is a Z-8 and the terrova pedal doesn't fit in the recess, so I wrapped the cords underneath the pedal quick connect power plugs help me switch between the fortrex and terrova

The foot pedal cord has to go through first then the next largest plug, excetra. The cords show slack in the fish picture but that is gone when the troller is stowed in the running position, the second picture is the slot that I had the foot pedal cord coming through, I will drill a hole in any new boat I have to do that but the slot worked great. And the other electronics I speak of is a fishcall "not sure if it's a gimic or not" all the cords were hidden.

Edited by Fishysam 1/21/2016 9:36 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(image.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (15KB - 298 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (21KB - 283 downloads)
muskydope
Posted 1/23/2016 12:48 AM (#800889 - in reply to #800581)

I'm setting up the new boat much like the old boat... larger rear deck ( 24" extension), enhanced rod storage (from 7.5' up to 9.5'), tool holders, more under deck storage etc. The idea is to maximize open floor space and make the essentials easy to find.

Edited by muskydope 1/23/2016 1:21 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)