Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> My first Musky season

Message Subject: My first Musky season
Switchaxe
Posted 1/3/2016 10:13 AM (#797863)
Subject: My first Musky season

Hello guys, I would like to share a brief overview of my first musky season, and how it all started. Back in July I had went on a camping trip by myself for 4 days. I was fishing out of my wilderness systems ATAK kayak. The area I was fishing I had known there was possibly musky but was not targeting them, I was just there to enjoy the outdoors alone and fish for bass. On my second day I had been fishing some fallen timber and watched a mid 30's musky hit by bass spinnerbait....and I instantly got a rush I had never felt before. This had happened right before a T-Storm. I was going to fish for walleye after the storm let up but something told me not too. So I went back out in the general area where I got bit before and put a mepps musky magnum on. About my 10th cast in I had a 36" musky come right up to the kayak and hit boatside....what a fight in a kayak....I broke my bass rod in the process and landed the fish and released him safely. It was then I realized I needed specialized gear if I was to do that again. That fish started it all...I now have all the gear necessary and since Mid-july I have managed to land 7 Musky in my first season, on a mixture of bucktails and jerkbaits. I even started tying my own bucktails. The very first Bucktail I tied also caught me my PB, a 45". I cannot wait to start the season early this year and catch even more fish now that I have some experience. The attached picture is my PB.

[IMG]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/SwitchAxe/Mobile%20Uploads/2680_zps75cscg4u.jpeg[/IMG]

Edited by Switchaxe 1/3/2016 10:15 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2680_zps75cscg4u.jpeg (118KB - 338 downloads)
Clammer
Posted 1/3/2016 10:46 AM (#797867 - in reply to #797863)
Subject: Re: My first Musky season

Nice fish, with great markings. Ya, the bug hits ya when you mess with these fish.
Rudedog
Posted 1/4/2016 5:34 AM (#797956 - in reply to #797863)
Subject: RE: My first Musky season

Welcome to the Madness.
Nice fish!!
Zib
Posted 1/4/2016 12:49 PM (#797998 - in reply to #797863)
Subject: RE: My first Musky season

Congrats! For your first season you did great. Most guys struggle in their first season. Hell, your season was better than I did in 2015 & I fish LSC. It's always a great feeling to catch a nice fish on a lure that you made.
tolle141
Posted 1/4/2016 12:54 PM (#797999 - in reply to #797863)
Subject: Re: My first Musky season

Looks like the musky gods choose another one. Welcome to the asylum.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)