Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> late fall topwater guys (50 degrees and below)

Message Subject: late fall topwater guys (50 degrees and below)
Long TIme Lurker
Posted 9/16/2015 8:16 PM (#784731)
Subject: late fall topwater guys (50 degrees and below)

I am going to be new to this tactic to be honest. I have always relied on rubber and gliders/jerks in the fall but I wanted to try something new this year.

Those of you practicing veterans of the late fall topwater bite, whats the go to?

I thought walk the dogs/creepers worked painfully slow in areas I know fish are holding would be a good start. I have a b.s. willie globe that I think looks pretty good just crawling along. You use much for tail props?

Just looking for some insight!

Thanks!
Colin
IAJustin
Posted 9/16/2015 8:53 PM (#784738 - in reply to #784731)
Subject: Re: late fall topwater guys (50 degrees and below)

I've caught dozens of muskies on WTD with water 45-52 degrees , by far your best choice for those water temps IMO.. that being said, be careful conditions have to be right, you will waste a lot of time throwing topwater in these water temps if conditions aren't right.. I wont go into all the factors but usually there is bait shallow or very high in the water column for topwater to be a viable option, often after several days of the same direction wind pounding good spots.
bigbite
Posted 9/17/2015 9:02 AM (#784789 - in reply to #784731)
Subject: RE: late fall topwater guys (50 degrees and below)

My son nailed a 49.5" Musky on a Musky Buster Top Walker in the baby duck color. This was in late October and it was in the low 30s. The water was also close to glazing over.
To answer your question, yes, surface lures do work in late fall.
Musky952
Posted 9/17/2015 9:24 AM (#784800 - in reply to #784731)
Subject: Re: late fall topwater guys (50 degrees and below)

I am also interested to see what people post here.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)